With any great computer, you need to make to make sure that you have the audio quality to match. But after splashing out on a new computer, it’s safe to say that not everyone has the spare cash laying around to invest into their audio set up. The solution? Well, there are plenty of cheap speakers out there that will do a good job making your computer sound great. Even if you’re on a super tight budget, you can ensure you get a good deal by getting the best computer speakers under 50 dollars.
Computer speakers aren’t generally meant to be big and bulky, though I’ve added a mixture of soundbars, subwoofers and super compact front speakers to get a good mixture of different speakers which might suit your home.
Best Computer Speakers Under 50 Bucks
Cyber Acoustic 2.1
- COLORFUL ROOM FILLING SOUND: Match the color of your gear, your room, or your mood with this powerful and dynamic 2.1 sound system. Color selectable LED drivers deliver your music with flair. Choose green, blue, red, purple, yellow, light blue, white, continuous color changing, or keep the lights off.
- EASY BLUETOOTH PAIRING: Your music is more likely in your pocket these days, now you can easily connect on the fly to your smartphone, computer, laptop, iPod, or quick connect with a simple 3.5mm audio cable.
- PARTY TIME - GAME TIME: Enhance the party, enhance the game... with lights! Perfect for dorm rooms, living rooms, home theater systems, or match to your computer and audio gear.
Watching movies on the computer too? Then you’ll want to try and get the ultimate movie experience. This can be difficult doing this with only a computer and a tight budget. But, it is possible.
Cyber Acoustic have been producing lower range speakers for a long time. If you have a relatively low budget, then Cyber Acoustic speakers are the first place that you’ll want to start. These speakers are really just an updated of their most popular 2.1 computer speakers. If you didn’t know, 2.1 literally means 2 smaller standard speakers and 1 subwoofer speaker.
They come with the regular speakers, but the shining light of this set is undoubtedly the subwoofer. It’s impressive that you can get a decent subwoofer for less than $50, and it’s suprisingly good quality and dealing with lower frequencies.
If you don’t like this particular model, then they do have alternatives without the fluorescent glow in the dark lights. They’re a little cheaper, too. But, the main bonus point of this speaker set is that it works with Bluetooth as well. That means that as well as computer speakers, you can easily use it with your tablet or your phone instead.
- Ideal for younger kids and teens who will appreciate the vibrant look of the speakers.
- Pricewise, for a LED speaker and subwoofer combination, you’re not going to find any better than this one.
- Really easy to set up with your computer and within a short frame of time, you’re good to go.
- Although it has a subwoofer, it still isn’t going to be able to handle heavy bass.
- If you’re used to hundred dollar plus computer speaker systems, then you’ll probably be a little underwhelmed by this set. But for the price, it’s unbeatable.
I challenge you to find a better computer speaker setup for less than $50! It’s one of the best options around right now, and with added Bluetooth, it makes this really hard to beat.
Creative Inspire T12
- Built in Bass Flex technology
- High Performance Drivers
User Manual: Click Here
The Creative Inspire T12 computer speakers often hover around the $50 mark. They’ve been one of the better budget speaker sets for a while now, and there’s a few reasons why you might want to consider them.
They’re made specifically to deal with bass. So although they don’t have a subwoofer like other computer speaker sets, they are still surprisingly impressive at dealing with low frequencies. This is because of the BassFlex technology. So if you like listening to loud music, then it’s worth considering a set with specific bass support. However if you want to listen to really loud music, then you’ll have to spend a little more and get theT20's .
They’re also very compact in size, which is one of the benefits of opting for cheaper speakers. They’re usually a little smaller, but they’re not as good as dealing with low frequencies and louder volumes.
- At a regular volume, they sound clear and crisp, exactly as they’re supposed to.
- Although they aren’t the smallest speakers on the market, they are pretty compact, making them suitable for a desk.
- Ideally suited for those looking for a basic set of computer speakers.
- Although for the price they’re pretty good, they do lack crispness. This is especially apparent when deal with midrange frequencies and low frequencies.
- A little extra and you can get the T20’s (their older brother), which are much better in terms of performance.
If you want a standard set of computer speakers, then these are a good choice. They’re pretty much the typical computer speaker.
Altec Lansing BXR1220
- Compact stereo speakers for laptops and desktops
- Connects through a USB port for power and through the headphone jack for sound
- Audio Alignment technology for balance and accuracy
These Altec Lansing speakers are impressive if you’re looking for a solid set of desktop speakers that can undoubtedly work well for those after USB speakers.
Not many speakers that you’re going to find are actually used with USB port only. This is unusual, as the majority of computer speakers you might need a few different cables to use. They have 2 inch drivers, which is about standard for s smaller set of desktop speakers.
The frequency response of these speakers are between 180Hz-20kHz, which means that they might not be great for lower frequencies. This is no surprise, as this is pretty much the case with any other computer speakers too. This is why computer subwoofers have become more and more popular, and can be worth considering if you’re looking for the full package.
- Very stylish speakers and attractive to look at.
- USB only speakers are hard to find, and these are a good example of those.
- Relatively cheap considering the quality of the speakers.
- Not amazing with lower frequencies and heavy bass (like watching movies etc).
- They do a good job for their purpose, but it’s definitely not the best in the business.
If you’re looking for something really attractive, then considering an Altec Lansing set of speakers is a really good idea.
Satechi Dual Sonic
- DYNAMIC SOUND - equipped with Acoustic Air Spring technology to produce increased bass, mids and highs
- USB POWERED - plugs directly into your computer or laptop's standard USB port and 3.5mm headphone jack with in-line volume controls
- SLEEK DESIGN - features a brushed metal finish with blue LED accent lights for a modern design to match any desk or work space
Satechi make some stylish speakers, and they’re a option if you’re after something a little different. They’re really well designed, and they will undoubtedly look the part on your desk.
They use air spring technology, which helps them to deal with bass and mid range frequencies. You can plug them into your computer or laptop easily, and their sleek design makes them particularly attractive. They’re compatible with pretty much all different devices, and they’re a good example of basic speakers that you can use.
Another thing to note about these speakers is that they are really cheap. This means that you shouldn’t expect really high quality speakers for this kind of low price.
- Deal with bass surprisingly well for such a small set of speakers.
- They only run off of USB, so you don’t need to worry about the batteries running out.
- Very cheap, making them the ideal choice for those on a really tight budget.
- Maximum volume is still relatively low, which isn’t ideal for movies and tv shows.
- There’s no power button, so you can’t turn the speakers off without pressing a button on the speakers themselves.
Overall, these are just some of the cheapest desktop speakers around. They work well, but they’re not the highest quality of sound.
- NO MORE DELAY: When used with an apt-X-LL enabled transmitter, Torpedo Plus delivers high-quality sound in perfect synchronization.
- CHOOSE YOUR AUDIO MODE: Whether you are watching a movie or listening to an audio book, Torpedo Plus is built with Digital Signal Processing and gives you the option of 3D Surround Sound, Bass Mode or Balanced Audio Mode. Use with your laptop or your TV without taking up much space.
- SUPERB SOUND: Featuring two powerful 5-wat speakers over dual channels, Torpedo Plus delivers a full range of sound in even the smallest areas.
If you like the idea of a soundbar for your computer speakers, then it’s worth looking at this one made by Avantree.
Why is this soundbar a good idea? Well, it’s totally wireless. One of the most annoying thing with computer speakers is that they can get tangled up in wires. Not just the computer speakers, but the majority of computers have a ton of different speakers that you can get tangled up in. Getting a wireless soundbar can be a good option if you’re looking to avoid wires completely.
Another reason that this could be a better option for you is if you’re just not happy with your current sound from your laptop. We need computer speakers, but with a laptop, you don’t necessarily need speakers. But if you’re looking for a step up on your current in built speaker, then this is definitely a good option.
- Wireless design sets it apart from other speakers available.
- Its high quality and matches other speakers that are far more expensive.
- Plain design helps it to fit into any environment, whether computer desk or lounge.
- If you want to use it with your television, it isn’t going to work well in large rooms.
- Sound quality at higher volumes isn’t perfect.
[thrive_testimonial name=”Alex says” company=”Full Time Audio Geek” image=”https://comparebear.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/alex.jpg”]I love these in wall speakers from Polk; the most reliable brand in the United States when it comes to surround sound.[/thrive_testimonial]
Creative Pebble 2.0
- SINGLE USB CABLE FOR COMPUTERS AND LAPTOPS | Enjoy a hassle-free audio experience with a single USB cable without the need for a power adapter
- FAR-FIELD DRIVERS AND PASSIVE RADIATORS | Custom-tuned far-field driver solution with rear facing passive radiators for excellent audio and enhanced bass reproduction
- 45° ELEVATED DRIVERS | For enhanced audio projection and an immersive personal listening experience
These Creative Pebble speakers are great if you’re looking for elevated sound. These 45 degree drivers are awesome for audio projection, and for small speakers, they carry quite well throughout the room.
They’re probably the most stylish set of computer speakers around, which make them ideal for a modern home or a modern office. Even the smaller details of these speakers are on point – for example, the volume control blend in with the speakers very well, which make them appear to be a little more expensive than they are (cheaper speakers often have brash volume controls).
You can instantly adjust these speakers, and for a smaller design of speakers, they’re pretty ideal.
- They’re a really cheap price for what you’re actually getting.
- They deal surprisingly well with louder volumes and the sound will carry well throughout whatever room you’re in.
- From a design perspective, they’re extremely nice to look at and will blend into any smart office.
- Like any set of cheap computer speakers, they don’t deal with full volume very well.
- Not the best speakers, but they definitely provide a pretty good experience for their price.
These speakers aren’t going to revolutionise the world, even though their appearance is amazing and they do work really well. They’re worth considering for a cheap set of speakers.
- Note : Some TVs may not be compatible. If you are not sure if it can be used, please get in touch with us. Only the TVs which have AUX port should be suitable for this USB powered soundbar 【Crystal Clear Sound】: Midrange sweet, treble loud makes you feel personally on the scene. High quality sound lets you indulge in the sea of music, forget your troubles, relax, and enjoy yourself. Notice: the USB speaker should be used under the power situation of 5V, 1A, 5W.
- 【Unique Design】: Mini, slim outlook design makes the speaker more fashionable. It'll really make any room more stylish.
- 【Strong Compatibility】: Can be connected to many different devices. Such as: PC computer, notebook, tablet, all kinds of smartphones, MP3, MP4, game consoles, walkman, CD player, TV, radio, DVB, IPTV and other devices with 3.5mm Audio adapter.
The days where you have to opt for the stereotypical set of computer speakers are over. Whilst the majority of speakers are still two separate smaller ones, you could consider getting yourself a computer soundbar instead.
This works just as well, and in some cases, you might even prefer to opt for a speaker soundbar. Why? Well firstly, this plays easily through both your computer and your laptop. That means that if you want to drag your Mac into the kitchen and use it with your soundbar whilst you’re doing the dishes, you can. Similarly, you can also use it easily with your phone too.
The main reason that I mentioned this speaker is primarily because of the bass. One of the main problems that people have with computer speakers is that they cannot handle low frequencies. So, if you want to use your computer to play music and watch movies, then it makes sense to get something that can handle a little bass.
It’s also very small, which makes it ideal if you’re after something compact that you can use on your desk or even in bed. Whilst it isn’t your typical set of computer speakers, I thought I’d give it a mention anyway as it will suit some people. If you want something more typical, then don’t worry – I’ll get to those in a minute.
- More convenient than your standard set of computer speakers. Easy to use with your laptop and smartphone as well as your computer.
- The size of this speaker makes it a good option for those looking to save space. If you only have a small desk, then this may prove to be a better option.
- It’s relatively cheap when you compare it to the Sonos Ones and Bose Revolves of today. So if you’re on a tight budget, then this is undoubtedly still an option.
- It isn’t a typical set of computer speakers, which might make it less suitable to some people more than others.
I love this small soundbar, and although it won’t suit everyone, it’s definitely worth considering if you’re looking for something a little different.
Getting the right set of computer speakers is a great idea. When you’re putting together a speaker system for your house, then it’s important that you get the right speakers for you. Whilst it’s not as big of a decision as getting some good in wall speakers or a soundbar for your living room, it’s still important to get the right set for you.
Cheap computer speakers are a dime a dozen, and there’s going to be a ton of different options available for you online. So, do your research and make sure that you get the right set for you.
Last update on 2019-05-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API