Gaming laptops can be one of the best investments that you can make. Now, that’s only true if you really need a gaming laptop. But for the majority of people, are gaming laptops worth it? Well, that’s what we’re going to try and find out.
Deciding on whether a gaming laptop is right for you really depends on a number of different factors. For most people, a gaming laptop might not be necessary and a desktop would like likely be a better option. But, there are occasions where a gaming laptop may prove to be a better choice.
Let’s have a look at some of the reasons why you may, or may not, want to consider getting yourself a good quality gaming laptop.
Are Gaming Laptops worth it?
The answer is that a good gaming laptop is worth it. But, it’s likely not a good idea to get a gaming laptop if you don’t have a significant budget. You should also ideally get a gaming desktop over a gaming laptop if you can, but of course, gaming laptops do have their benefits and
Gaming Laptops – Pros and Cons
- Portable – The reality is that there aren’t a lot of positives of having a gaming laptop as opposed to a desktop. Of course, the one big pro of having a gaming laptop is that it’s portable and you can take it with you anywhere. This is a pretty big bonus, and a must for some people who travel a lot.
- Design – The only other benefit to getting yourself a gaming laptop is the design, Some people prefer a laptop as opposed to a desktop – it really depends on what you’re after.
- Expense – The main reason that you want to opt for a desktop over a gaming laptop is that for cost, you’re going to get a much better deal. Generally, you’ll need to spend hundreds extra on a gaming laptop to try and get the same equivalent as what you’d get with a desktop. So, it’s pretty clear to see why you might want to opt for a desktop instead.
- Heating issues – If you’ve ever had a gaming laptop, then you might have dealt with heating issues. This is a pretty common issue with gaming laptops, and is something you should be aware of. Of course with newer and better laptops, this is less and less of an issue.
- Harder to upgrade – One of the main reasons why people like to investing in a gaming desktop or laptop in the first place is the customization. Unfortunately with gaming laptops, you don’t have the option to upgrade as you would with a desktop.
- Lack of ports – There’s something that’s a glaring omission in any laptop, and that’s that it generally doesn’t have the same amount of ports as a desktop. This might not be the biggest deal for some people, but it’s still worth considering.
Desktop – Pros and Cons
- Power – Undoubtedly the best thing about having a desktop is the sheer power. This makes a massive difference in terms of the way that the games play – on a desktop, you’re going to get a faster experience.
- Responsive – The screen is another massive benefit of opting for a desktop as opposed to a laptop. With a desktop, you’re going to be getting a great quality screen that portrays the action clearly. If you’re not using a desktop, then try using a friends desktop and see if there’s a change compared to your laptop.
- Customizable – One of the main things about a desktop is that you have the option to build it yourself. The best place to start is to head over to PC Part Picker and put together your own desktop online. Even if you’re not going to buy one, it can be pretty fun!
- Value for money – Value for your buck is the main reason that you should opt for a desktop over a laptop.
- Not portable – The only real setback of getting a desktop is that you don’t have the ability to move it around (I guess that’s why laptops became so popular in the first place!).
- Not much else – There aren’t really many other negatives about getting yourself a desktop computer for gaming.
What Gaming Laptop Should you Consider?
If you have the cash, then undoubtedly the best gaming laptop in my opinion is the MSI GS65. There’s a few reasons why I like the MSI GS65 as opposed to some other gaming laptop brands. So, here are a few reasons that you might look at getting the MSI GS65.
- High back office and gaming chair, leather and bucket seat with padded armrests.
- 5 star base with 360 degree swivel wheels, Running smoothly on floor.
- Pneumatic seat-height adjustment: 15.75"-19.69", Seating area dimension: 20.4" X 20.86" , Back rest size: 20.47" X 28.34", Maximum capacity:280lbs.
- Ergonomic design:The whole chair can rocked back and forth, Perfect for relax during your busy working days.
- Free replacement or money back guarantee for any quality problem within 30 days, Free charge replacements for Installation problem, Damaged or Missing parts within 6 months.
- Slim design – Gone are the days where you should even consider having a big and bulky gaming laptop. It’s totally unnecessary, and it sort of defeats the object of getting something that’s easily portable. Instead, you should consider getting something sleek and slim, of which MSI release some of the best looking laptops around.
- Strong battery life – Another reason that you probably want a gaming laptop is so that you can use it on the run. In the past, every time you used a gaming laptop you also had to consider how long it would be before you had to plug it in. You don’t have to worry too much with the MSI GS65, as you’re going to get a decent amount of battery life from it either way.
- Quality screen – If you’re going to be spending a ton of time on your laptop, it just makes sense to get one that has a quality screen. If you don’t, then you can run the risk of glare, which although cannot cause permanent eye damage, can temporarily obscure your vision. The 144 Hz screen is something to behold, and is undoubtedly something that you’ll want to consider when you purchase your laptop.
Overall, it’s clear to see that for most people, a gaming laptop isn’t going to be the best choice. Why? Well, quite simply, they’re just not as good as desktop computers. Although the GPUs in laptops are growing increasingly powerful, with a desktop computer you’re always going to get a faster and better experience for your cash.
However saying this, if you’ve got the cash to spend then a gaming laptop can be a good option if convenience is your most important priority.
Last update on 2019-02-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API