Every gamer in the world knows the drawbacks of using a mouse with a cord. Such mice restrict the movement of the arm so getting a mouse without a cord would be the natural solution, however, many believe that in order to get a good gaming wireless mouse, you will need to spend a lot of money, upwards of $100. Luckily, this is not true. There are many good budget gaming mice that are available for a lot less than $100, so in this article, we will be taking a look at some of the best cheap wireless gaming mice.
Best Cheap Wireless Gaming Mouse
Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Upto 250 hours of battery life (Best with Polaroid AA Batteries)
- Power saving, high accuracy Delta Zero sensor technology. Try tracking on a different surface
- Lag free gaming grade wireless, performance and endurance modes maximize battery life
Coming in at number one is the Logitech G602. Boasting a battery life that is longer than 250 hours, this lightweight cordless mouse features such a design that it perfectly fits into the user’s hand. The mouse is also extremely lightweight and features 2.4GHz technology which makes it capable of transmitting data completely lag-free.
Logitech G602 features mechanical click switches that will last up to 20 million clicks and features eleven buttons that are fully customizable and programmable so you can assign any keystroke you desire to them. The LED battery indicator will always inform you when the battery is low so you will never have to worry about running out of juice in the middle of a gaming session.
When it comes to its weight, this mouse in particular is a bit on the heavier side so it is not recommended for any lightweight gaming. The mouse itself weighs around 148 grams and doesn’t offer a lot when it comes to weight optimization. Those who want can remove the battery cover, but this does little to nothing to help reduce its weight.
Luckily, this weight is there for a reason. By using this mouse, players can feel its excellent build quality. The durability of the mouse is definitely good, but inferior to some other higher-end Logitech mice. The design of the Logitech G602 wireless mouse is generally good. Although the mouse is on the bulkier side, it fits excellent in the user’s hand, no matter how big or small it is. It offers a comfortable yet very sturdy grip.
Corsair Harpoon RGB
- USE: Comfortable, durable, and ready to game
- FEATURES: 6000 DPI optical gaming sensor, and rreconfigured for the best performance
- DESIGN: Designed to fit in your hand and supports multiple grip styles and virtually infinite color and lighting effects customization
It has been a while since Corsair started dipping their toes into the peripherals market, and recently, they have been coming up with some great mice, one of them being the Corsair Harpoon RGB. The mouse contains a sensor that can go up to 10000 DPI and is unmatched when it comes to tracking performance. It also contains switches which can last up to 50 million clicks. Corsair Harpoon RGB also weighs less than 100 grams which makes it one of the lightest mice out there. The battery life is not as large as our previous entry, but with more than 60 hours on, you should have no problems concerning battery life. When it comes to the RGB features of the Corsair Harpoon RGB, the mouse comes with its own software for it in which users can also tweak other settings such as the mouse sensitivity and programming and remapping individual buttons. Gaming wise, the mouse is very responsive and accurate which makes it a great choice for those who enjoy FPS tittles on regular occasions. The design of the mouse is simple, but very comfortable and offers a good grip which ensures that the mouse won’t be flying out of your hand during intense gaming sessions. Overall, the Corsair Harpoon RGB is a great budget gaming mouse that offers a comfortable design, solid performance a good amount of user customization.
Logitech G305 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Hero gaming sensor : next-gen HERO mouse sensor delivers up to 10x the power efficiency over other gaming mice with exceptional accuracy and responsiveness thanks to 400 IPS precision and up to 12000 DPI sensitivity
- Lightspeed wireless : ultra-fast LIGHTSPEED wireless technology gives you a lag-free gaming experience. The G305 wireless gaming mouse delivers incredible responsiveness and reliability with a super-fast 1ms report rate for competition-level performance
- Ultra-long battery life : The G305 wireless Logitech mouse boasts an incredible 250 hours of continuous gameplay on a single AA battery so you can play at peak performance without worrying about running out of power
Coming in at number three is Logitech G305. Those who designed this particular mouse have done their homework regarding gamers and have designed it for them with every gaming aspect in mind. The mouse features an optical sensor that can go up to 12000 DPI and the lightspeed wireless technology it uses for data transmission is extremely fast which makes this mouse quick, accurate, and on par with performance with wired mice.
The battery life is also amazing offering more than 250 hours with a single battery which is amazing. When it comes to the design of it, the mouse is an exact copy of the Logitech G Pro gaming mouse. The only difference between the two is the lack of the cord and the fact that Logitech G305 doesn’t feature an illumination strip which means that there is no kind of lighting effects or RGB present on this mouse, which is really a shame considering that RGB has become the standard for even the cheapest of the gaming mice.
However, this is purely an aesthetic feature and doesn’t impact the performance that the mouse offers in any kind of way. While the design of the mouse is very sleek and comfortable and can be used by both left and right-handed users, there are no buttons on the right side of the mouse which might be a turnoff for some lefties.
VEGCOO C8 Silent Wireless Gaming Mouse
- ▶Adopted advanced technology, it can not only provide reliable wireless connection but also an accurate tracking. Allowing you move your gaming mouse freely without interference within 10m.
- ▶Soundless Clicking Mouse: Both left and right keys are silent. Say goodbye to the annoy noises when you are working at home or plays games.
- ▶ Amazing Led Lights: Illuminated colorful Leds that change its color randomly create a wonderful atmosphere, making you indulge in your play, which is really a cool gaming mouse. And the Led lights can be turned off if you do not need.
Nearing the bottom of our list at number four we have the VEGCOO C8 Silent wireless gaming mouse. This mouse comes only with three DPI levels (1200,1600,2400) that can be adjusted and seven integrated buttons which admittedly is not great when it comes to customization, but what it lacks in customization, it more than makes up for it with the rechargeable battery that comes with it as well as its price which is under $30, sometimes under $20 on a discount.
When it comes to the build quality of the mouse, it is admittedly not great, but it is sturdy enough, and considering the price of the mouse, it is to be expected. The design however is very simple yet extremely comfortable and fits the user’s hand very nicely. Both left-handed and right-handed users can use the mouse comfortably, although lefties might not enjoy the fact that they won’t be able to use thumb buttons due to the mouse not having any on the right side.
The VEGCOO C8 Silent Wireless mouse does feature RGB lighting and while it admittedly goes well with the overall design of the mouse, the fact that the light effects are on a random cycle and can’t be controlled by any software does somewhat take away from this feature.
Redragon M652 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- ➤ 5 ADJUSTABLE DPI & 2 POLLING RATE: DPI 800,1200,1600,2000,2400 can be easily changed by order to meet your needs. 2 level polling rate: 125Hz and 250Hz can be switched depending on your activity. USB Nano receiver can be stored in the back of the mouse, allowing ease of storage when not used. No any driver is required, just plug and play.
- ➤ ACCURATE AND LAG-FREE MOUSE: M652 mouse can not only provide a reliable wireless connection but also an accurate tracking. Allowing you to move your gaming mouse freely without interference within 10m. More flexible for games or work.
- ➤ LONG LIFE SERVICE & POWER SAVING: It has passed 5,000,000 times keystroke test to guarantee extra durability. This wireless mouse will be in sleep mode in 8 minutes of inactivity and waken up quickly by pressing any button. Powered by 1*AA battery (not included) and easy to be replaced.
Our final spot belongs to Redragon M652 which comes with five DPI levels that range from 800 to 2400 and can be adjusted according to the user’s preference. What makes this gaming mouse appear on our list is its ergonomic contoured shape which feels extremely comfortable in the hand. The design also features LED lighting which can be switched on and as the user wishes. It has a working range of 10 meters and weighs around 6 ounces which makes it one if not the heaviest contender on our list.
Redragon M652 uses a single AA battery and its switches will last you up to 5 million clicks. What makes the battery life of this mouse last even longer is the smart energy saving switch with three different modes, on, off, and ECO. The Redragon M652 also features a sleek ergonomic skin-friendly design which ensures a comfortable yet tight grip for the user’s hand, regardless of the size of it.
When it comes to the working distance, the Redragon M652 wireless mouse has an active range of 33ft or around 10m ensuring that your mouse will work without any issues regardless of whether you are gaming at your table or comfortably watching a movie from your bed.
Gaming Mouse Buying Guide
While we have already provided a lot of information regarding each of the products above, you might still have some lingering questions about them so here are a few things to consider when buying a new gaming mouse.
The design of the mouse is very important especially if you will be using it for long gaming sessions. It is extremely important to make sure that your mouse sits comfortably in your hand when you are using it, so if you can, try it out first.
Mouse sensitivity is also extremely important when it comes to gaming. Some gamers prefer a faster mouse so finding the one that is right for you is very important. The higher DPI the mouse has, the more sensitive it can be.
As a gamer, you would want to have a mouse with a lot of buttons on it, so you can use it to perform actions on it that you would normally have to use your left hand and the keyboard for.
In conclusion, getting a wireless gaming mouse doesn’t have to be expensive. As we have shown to you with the above examples, there are numerous budget alternatives that have performed excellently. It is just a matter of finding the one that is perfect for you and your gaming needs.
Last update on 2020-08-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API