If you’re looking for a decent projector, you really don’t need to spend a fortune. You can get a good quality projector for less than a few hundred bucks, and if you search hard enough, you can find one for less than a hundred.
Although it can be really difficult to know exactly what to look for in a projector, there are some things that you should undoubtedly look for to ensure that you’re getting something suitable for you. There are a ton of different options out there, so it’s worth doing some thorough research to ensure that you get the right model for you.
There is a lot of variety out there, and we’re going to run through all of the best cheap projectors out there so that you can get the best deal for you.
Best Cheap Projector under $100
DR. J Professional HI-04
- 👍 [100Inch Projector Screen Included] PORTABLE LED VIDEO PROJECTOR: To meet our customer's new needs, DR.J has upgraded our projector again in 2019. The upgraded video projector has improved not only the brightness, contrast ratio of the projector, but also included a 100" Portable Projector Screen in the package since last month. Enjoy the great movies outside with your family in your yard.
- 👍 HIGHEST 1080P RESOLUTIONS SUPPORTED: Supported resolution:1920*1080, Aspect Ratio: 4:3/16:9, Contrast Ratio: 2000:1, Lamp lifetime: 40000 hours, Watching Size: 32"-176" with projector distance 1.5m-5m. [Note: not recommended for PPT, word, excel or business presentation.]
- 👍 MULTIMEDIA PORTABLE PROJECTOR: DR.J projector is compatible with TV Box, PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Blue-ray DVD player, SD Card, USB Flash Drive, Video Games, Media players (Music, Pictures, Video, TXT), Smartphones ( Wireless HDMI Dongle not included).
As budget projectors go, you’re going to struggle to find anything that can match Dr J products in my opinion. For their price, they often have the best bang for your buck. They do their job well, and whilst they’re not anything revolutionary, they’re still a good option for those that want something cheap.
Although it’s a pretty cheap projector, it’s still made from high quality materials that will last well. The company are so confident in this projector that they offer a 3 year warranty, which is really long considering that they’re quite a small business. But, this does show the confidence that they have in their products.
From a specification perspective, it has pretty much everything that you could ask of it. It has a contrast ratio of 2000:1 and it has a potential screen size of around 170 inches. So if you’re looking for something that can project a large image, then this is one to think about. It has a throwing distance of up to 5 meters too, which makes it perfect for medium to large projections.
Another good thing about this projector is that it’s capable of being connected to pretty much any kind of multimedia device that you can think of. Not only your laptop or your PC, but it’s also easy to connect with a firestick or even your smartphone. This makes it a great choice for those that want to be able to connect it to a variety of different things – for example, if your friends come over with their own device, they can plug it in and play.
All in all, this is likely the best choice if you’ve never own a projector before and you’re looking for a cheap option. It’s very easy to use, and you won’t need to worry about how to use it, as it’s extremely straightforward. Their customer service team is great too, so if you do have any issues with it, you can always contact them and let them know.
Compatibility – Those looking for something that’s compatible with pretty much every difference possible source will appreciate the Dr J. It’s undoubtedly the best in terms of compatibility, so this is it’s biggest pro.
Screen size – If you want something that can give a large projection, then the DR J can produce a projection up to 5 meters away, which is pretty impressive.
Warranty – Not many of these budget projectors are going to come with a long warranty like the DR J, which most of their products have a 3 year warranty (make sure you double check first beforehand!).
A little expensive – Of course, this is a list of projectors under $100. But, that doesn’t mean that everyone wants to spend exactly $100, and if you’re looking for something super cheap, then this won’t suit as it’s almost at the $100 budget.
Not top quality – Like any budget or entry level projector, it isn’t going to be able to match projectors of a much higher cost. So although its decent for the price and it has hardly any flaws, it isn’t going to be as good as one that costs $500, so bear that in mind before you purchase.
- Brighter, sharper, and bigger - 70% brighter and 50% sharper image than other comparable Mini projectors on the market. 1080p projection gets you a screen size between 32-176 inches (81-440cm), with a projection distance of 5-16ft (1. 5-5M), with the sweet spot at right about 6ft (1. 8-2M)
- Large screen Size - 1080p projector meaning you can enjoy your favorite movies on a screen size of between 32-176 inches with a projection distance of 1. 5-5M. An optimum distance of 1. 8 to 2. 0M s a super-clear and bright image
- Powerful connectivity - connect with laptops, USB drives, DVD players, Fire TV sticks, and Xbox. When combined a Wi-Fi display dongle or HDMI adapter, enjoy wireless connections with phones, computers, or tablets
If you want an even cheap mini projector, then the T20 is one of the best for those looking for something on a really low budget.
The T20 has a brightness of 1500 lumen, which isn’t particularly light, but suitable enough for a small projector. It has a contrast ratio of 1000:1 – these statistics might not appear impressive for a projector in general, but you have to consider the size of the T20 when looking at the specifications. So for it’s size, it’s actually quite powerful.
One thing that you’ll need to be aware of is that this is a mini projector. So whilst the DR J projector can work well at distances up to 5 metres, this one really works best at a distance of less than 2 metres, and a much smaller projected video image. Bear in mind this is a mini projector, best suited to be used at night time with a family. It isn’t going to be a good choice for those looking for something that can be used for dozens of people in a bright room, so don’t expect that of it.
Price – The main highlight about this projector is the really low price. You’re going to struggle to find anything around the $50 mark, so if you’re looking for something this cheap, then the DBPower might make a decent choice.
Lamp Life – This mini projector has a 50,000 hour lamp life, which is really impressive for a lamp within it’s price range.
Almost silent – One common concern with projectors is that they’re going to be too loud. This isn’t really a concern with the T20, as it’s almost silent.
Low brightness – Like I mentioned previously, this isn’t a high quality bright projector that’s going to give you an awesome cinematic image. It’s more of a good choice for fun, if you turn all the lights off and want to use it at home with the kids. For this, it can be a great choice, but it isn’t the most powerful projector around, so don’t expect too much.
Struggles at the first sight of light – Although the specifications say that it can handle a bright room well, it really can’t and it isn’t bright enough for this. It works well in the dark, but in the daytime, it’s not good.
- SUPERIOR WATCHING EXPERIENCE: Leisure 3 Projector is Powered by MStar Advanced Color Engine. 2019 upgraded LED lighting provides +60% brightness than ordinary projector. Supporting 1920x1080 resolution which is ideal for home entertainment. Not recommend for PowerPoint or other office presentation.
- MULTIMEDIA PORTABLE PROJECTOR: VANKYO Leisure 3 projectors is fit for playing videos, TV series, photos sharing, football matches etc. It can be easily connected with your smartphone, PS3, PS4, X-Box ONE or Wii to enjoy BIG games. A customized bag is designed for you to carry and store it easily.
- BIG SCREEN SIZE EXPERIENCE: It provides a watching size from 32" to 170" with the projection distance between 4.9ft to 16.4ft. A projection distance of about 6.5 ft is the recommended viewing distance.
If you’re looking to get a decent image from your projector, then it’s worth looking at this model from Vankyo. Although it isn’t ideal in daylight, this is pretty much the case with all projectors of a lower cost and quality. So, you’ll want to use any of these projectors in lower lighting and darkness, if possible.
It works up to around 5 meters as a projected image, but you’re going to get the best quality image at around 2m (or 6-7 feet). The Vankyo is the perfect entry level projector, and it has a lot of older brothers which you can consider as well if you’re looking for an upgrade at any point. Whilst this model has an 170 inch screen size, for a little bit more you can get a similar model that’s capable of 200 inches, and the Performance V600 can project a whopping 300 inch image.
But for the most part, this model is very similar to other models that I’ve listed. It gets the job done, and they have a great customer service reputation too, so you don’t need to be too concerned about your projector breaking.
Projector quality – The best thing about this Vankyo projector is the quality of the image itself. For it’s price, you’re getting a decent quality projector.
Awesome value for money – If you’re looking for the best value for money, then this is one of the better options available. You’re going to get a good quality image for a pretty low price, which is exactly what we’re looking for.
Nice travel case – If you want a projector that’s portable that you can take with you to different places, then this one comes with a really decent travel case that makes it easy to carry around with you.
Quiet – Like any good projector, it’s quiet enough that you can play a film without worrying about the noise of the projector overpowering the movie itself. However, it’s not the quietest projector around, so you’ll want to look at a different model if you need a silent projector.
Not much on an upgrade – The sound quality on this model isn’t great, which is pretty typical amongst cheaper projectors.
- Bigger Screen Experience Upgrade projection size to about 37-180inches with a projection distance of 1.5-5meter. 800 x 480p native resolution support 1080p HD. Aspect Ratio: 16:9 / 4:3 and 2000:1 Contrast. Can provide sharp picture in dark condition, perfect and convenient for outdoor or indoor home entertainment
- Advanced LED Technology Up to 2200 LED lumens, 16700K real color, Long lasting lamp life up to 50000 hours, High cooling efficiency and low fans noise
- Multiple Devices Connection Built-in speaker, HDMI / USB / SD/ VGA / AV /AUX port available. You can connect to PC / Laptop / DVD Player to enjoy video or movie. Connect PS3 PS4 Xbox Wii via HDMI to enjoy games on so big screen. Hook up to headphone / speakers via 3.5mm AUX port. A lightning to HDMI adapter / MHL cable or wireless HDMI adapter is needed separately if connecting to smartphones. USB port is only for flash drive and hard drive, not for phone or tablet
This Deeplee projector is a pretty low price, but it has everything that you could possibly need of a projector. It’s provides a decent image, and it’s bright enough to work in dim lights as well as dark. With any projector like this, it isn’t going to be great in regular daylight, so bear that in mind.
Like other cheaper projectors, you have the ability to connect to it with a variety of different devices. You can use it with your smartphone, your Fire stick and pretty much anything with a HDMI cable. This kind of mini projector is ideal if you want to use it in different places around the house, as it’s lightweight and easily portable. With bigger projectors, it can be a bit more difficult moving them around the house.
The one works best at a few meters distance, and will portray a decent image on the wall from that sort of distance.
Very easy to operate – If you’re looking for s projector that’s very easy to operate, then this is a decent choice.
2200 lumens – 2200 lumens makes it bright enough for a decent image quality, even in relatively bright lights.
Good price – This Deeplee projector is available at a decent price in comparison to other models that are out there.
Blurry edges – Like many cheap projectors, the edges of the projector can get blurry, which can be a bit of a nightmare.
No user manual – It doesn’t come with a user manual, which can make it a nightmare to set up if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- FULL HD 2019 latest Upgraded projector 1080p supported - our QKK 2019 latest Upgraded Mini projector is great designed for indoor and out door movies in dark. You will surely enjoy your happiness movie night with your family easily. [Not recommended for ppt presentation! ]
- Highest Native resolutions on the market: QKK home theater projector supports 1920*1080 resolution with 50, 000 hours long term lamp life, 2000: 1 contrast ratio, 16: : 9 aspect ratio, 32-176" big screen display at the distance of 1. 5M-5m. (Ideal distance is 3. 5M with 120" display. )
- Double USB port designed projector - concerned about many customers need to use 2 USB flash drives at the same time, QKK Mini projector technical team worked hardly and successfully added another USB port on the projector (The only Mini projector which has this feature on the market). by doing this, you can use two USB thumb drives at the same time
If you like bargains, then it might be worth keeping your eyes peeled and seeing if this QKK projector goes on sale. You can find in on Amazon at pretty low prices sometimes, but not all the time – it retails at more than $100, but you can find it for cheaper than that, so don’t pay more than your budget.
But anyway, the projector itself is decent quality and works well if you’re looking for something that can project a decent image. In all honesty, many of the cheaper projectors are very similar in the way that they’re made, so you’re going to have to look closely to try and find a decent deal. Like for example, most projectors under $100 will be a 2000 lumens (brightness), whereas this model is 2400 lumens. So, it’s a little brighter than other projectors out there.
This is another safe option if you’re looking for a decent projector. There’s a few out there to consider, and this model is one of the better ones around.
Good customer support – If good customer support is an essential for you to consider purchasing with a company, then you’ll definitely want to consider this projector.
Easy set up – If you want a projector that you can just plug and play, then this is likely going to be a great option for you. It takes very little to set it up, and within minutes you can be using it for your own movie nights.
Value for money – For it’s price, this is another good choice if you’re looking for a cheap projector.
Only good in darker rooms – Like all projectors with lower lumens, it’s only really going to be effective in dark rooms.
Not top quality – If you want something a little better, then you’ll have to invest more, as this is a low budget projector.
Cheap Projector – The Definitive Buying Guide
If you’re looking for a cheap projector but you’ve never purchased one before, then you’ll need to a little research. The majority of them are all very similar to one another, and they’ve have similar specifications to each other. So, it’s worth look at the different models and seeing exactly what it is you want. Here’s some of the things you’ll want to take into account when look for a decent cheap projector to buy.
Consider what you’re going to use your projector for
When you’re buying a projector, it’s human nature to try and buy the cheapest one possible. This is especially true if it’s your first projector, as you don’t want to spend money on something you aren’t going to use. The reality is that cheap projectors like these ones are not ideal for long distance projections, and they’re not great in high light environments. If you want something more powerful, you’ll need to up your budget a little and get a better projector, like the
However, the projectors work well in low light areas and they’re ideally suited for watching films indoors. They can work outdoors too, but under $100, you’re going to be lucky if the image will be projected more than 4-5m, which will effect the picture quality a lot. So, these projectors are ideal for those that want something that will work in smaller environments.
So, is a projector less than $100 even worth purchasing?
Sure, you shouldn’t exclude a projector just because it’s cheap. There’s plenty of decent projectors around the $100 mark that are perfect for entry level use. But it must be said, like with any technology, the higher priced projectors offer a highly increased quality of image.
What weight projector will you need?
Generally, cheaper projectors tend to be much more lightweight than other more expensive projectors that are available. This is pretty normal, as cheaper and lighter internals are used within the projectors, making it much lighter than more advanced projectors. Whilst you won’t get as higher quality image, the fact that it’s lightweight can be a good thing, as you’ll be able to easily move the projector around.
Projector Terms Explained
When you’re looking at projectors, there are a lot of words that might appear to be confusing if you haven’t heard them before. Don’t worry – here’s a quick glossary of some of the most important ones.
Essentially, the lamp life is just the length of time that the projector will last for. Most projectors have tens of thousands of hours of lamp like, with the average of the ones listed being around 50,000 hours of life. This is around 2,000 days of continuous playback, so you can be sure that the projector is going to last a while. To be honest, most projectors are designed to last, so this isn’t that big of a deal.
The throw distance is simply the ideal projected distances that the projector can cope with. For this price range, you’ll likely see something like 1.5-5m, or 5-15 feet of throw distance. This is the minimum and maximum you really want to be using your projector at, which is about right for cheaper projectors. For more expensive projectors, you can get a greatly increase throw distance.
Like with any sort of screen, the contrast ratio helps us to know how clear the image that’s going to be portrayed is. If it has a high contrast ratio, then you’re going to get a crispier picture, which is particularly important in projectors. The contrast ratio is the ‘1000:1’ number, and typically the higher the number on the left, the better it is.
You’ll also want to consider the brightness of your projector, which in the projector world, is known as lumens. Lumens are just the measuring unit use to represent the amount of illumination that comes from the projector. Most cheap projectors have around 2000 lumens which is fine for dark rooms, but not enough to be efficient in light rooms.
Overall, these are some of the best cheap projectors around if you’re looking for something
Last update on 2019-07-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API