When you’re looking on the internet for a laser tag set, it can be difficult to know which the best set for you really is. There aren’t a ton of options online for you to choose from, so it’s really important that you do your research and find the right laser tag set for you.
After scouring the internet for a while, I ended up opting for the Dynasty Laser Tag Set over the competitors. Here, I’ll explain why I ended up going for it, and whether I’m really happy with the product as it is.
A Brief Overview
- EXTREME PACK with model T1503
- With FOUR different Team Settings, you can play on the same team or in a 1v1v1v1 Free-For-All Battle.
- Choose between the Blue Team, Red Team, Green Team, or White Team. Plus, the blaster is the target. Meaning you don't need to wear a vest.
- Both the TEAM SETTINGS and BLAST SETTINGS are interchangeable on each blaster and can be set on the go.
- All 4 blaster settings have different stoppage power, reload times, and range requirements. There is no limit to team sizes.
Dynasty Toys, which you may remember used to be called Simply Addictive Games, are the best selling laser tag gun set on Amazon currently. They try to get the right balance between affordability and quality – and they do a pretty great job of this.
There are some things that you’ll need to know about the laser tag set which will likely influence your decision to purchase. Overall, they’re a good option – here are of the main features of this laser tag set.
2 v 2 or Free for All
It doesn’t matter the amount of people that you want to play with – you can set up the team numbers as you wish. That means if you want a 2 v 2, a 1 v 1 v 1 v1 or a 3 v 1, you can do this all with the 4 gun laser tag set. You can also easily use it with any other Dynasty Guns. This means that if you have two sets, you can have a massive 2 v 2 v 2 v 2!
You can change each gun to a few different settings, each of which have their own benefits. Some of the blaster settings are best for damage, whilst other settings allow you to reload easily.
One of my concerns when buying a laser tag set was that it might be too confusing for my younger kids to play. My youngest is only 4, so doesn’t have the best concept of how a gun even really works. But with the easy reloading guns, it makes it very easy to understand.
All you need to do is tap the bottom of the gun and you’ll be able to reload your gun. When it’s reloading, the gun will play a reloading sound so that you can be 100% sure your ammo is refilled.
Health on the side of the gun
Have you ever used a laser tag set without having the health easily visible? It can be super annoying! Fortunately with these laser tag guns, you can easily see your health displayed on the side of your gun.
In addition to the regular dynasty laser tag set – which comes in the option of 2 guns or 4 guns – there are additional purchases that you can buy that integrate in with them. These additional purchases make things a little more exciting and give your children a little more variety when they’re playing.
Capture the Flag
Dynasty are the only company currently on the market that offer a capture the flag set. As everyone knows, playing capture the flag games can be a really fun way to spice things up if you’re getting bored with playing regular laser tag.
The Dynasty CTF Set hasn’t got a great deal of extra stuff that you can’t use yourself, so it’s not entirely necessary to get their capture the flag set. So, if you’re trying to save cash you can just set up your own CTF set without too much hassle.
You can also find the Dynasty Laser Tag Guns available individually. This is a purchase that I’ve had to make myself, as there’s five in my family and I didn’t want to exclude anyone. The individual gun comes with an extra spider, so if your kids want to play it alone they have the choice to do so.
Pros and Cons
- Relatively cheap – One of the main reasons that people are opting for laser tag sets without vests is that they are significantly. This is evident with the Dynasty set, as you’re going to to get it less than half the price of some of the more popular laser tag sets with vests included.
- Very responsive – For some reason, whenever I think of a laser tag set I think that they might not work well. Maybe the shots will be delayed, or they won’t hit properly. This is probably because I’m used to using older laser tag set. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the Dynasty Set, as their guns are really accurate and actually work.
- Dynasty customer service is good – Unlike a lot of toy companies, the Dynasty Customer service is really great. When I ordered my additional laser tag game, it didn’t come with a spider. I called the company and they sent on through right away! I was impressed by their swift response.
- The spider isn’t exactly great – FThe Spider that you get included with your laser tag set isn’t exactly great – it doesn’t really move like a spider, it just buzzes around on the floor. Great for kids, but not the best thing I’ve ever seen.
- Potentially not the best quality around – Whilst it certainly isn’t a bad quality laser tag set, it’s not the best around. Of course, at it’s price you’re unlikely to get any better than the Dynasty set, but don’t expect it to be the same quality as at your local laser tag arena.
Overall, I’m really happy that I decided to go for the Dynasty Laser Tag Set over some of the competitors that are around. It’s ideal for my family of 5, and they offer individual guns too which I found particularly impressive as other sets do not offer this. It’s very responsive, and the game modes are enough to keep my kids occupied (and me as well!).
There aren’t a lot of laser tag sets available on the market currently, but I’m glad I went with Dynasty – I’m still using their set now, so it’s proven that it can stand the test of time.
Last update on 2018-11-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API