There are a ton of RC cars out that that can go at the same speed as a normal car. Many higher end models will breach the 30mph limit out of the box – but did you know some of them go to 60mph, or even in excess of 100mph? This is without modification too – this is directly out of the box, which is pretty impressive.
When you’re looking for awesome gift ideas, then one thing that always makes a good present for boys (and girls!) is a remote control car. Getting the right RC car is important, as they’re not particularly cheap. So, getting a fast RC car is a pretty important factor for the majority of people.
Not all RC cars are made the same. Lets take a look at some of the fastest RC cars that you can currently find available online.
Fast Rc Cars – Which ones are best?
Top Speed – 120mph
No products found.
The Traxxas XO-1 is the fastest out of the box RC car that’s available right now and it has been from a while. It can go from 0-100 in under 5 seconds, which is faster than the majority of sports cars out there. Of course, to match this insane acceleration it also has a quite insane price tag to match that makes it unaffordable for the majority of people.
It is however, the pinnacle of the Traxxas brand (who we’ll be seeing a lot more of in this write up). Traxxas are the dominant brand within RC cars, and the XO-1 is really their baby. If you’re wondering what the absolute fastest RC car is, then well.. this is it.
JLB Racing Cheetah
Top Speed – 55mph
- 🚙【Amazingly Fast 80KM/H with 4WD 】Equipped with the powerful 3670 2500KV brushless motor and HOBBYWING 120A brushless ESC, allowing it to reach the highest speed of 80 km/h （49.7 mph）without any difficulty .this high speed stunt RC cross country truck will bring you a great speed experience.
- 🚙【Extended Run Time and Super Function】Equipped with LI-PO 4000mAh high-capacity RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES , run time for up to 60 minutes. 1/10 Scale RC Truck, with Forward, backward, turn left/right, head up often, lateral driving, towns, rotation, the function of drift, conquer all terrain, easy look up, fly slope, drift, Turning Somersault suitable for a variety of style use.
- 🚙【Sensitive 2.4GHz Remote Control】Keeping your buggy under control completely using a quick-responsive 2.4GHz radio remote control with remote distance up to 150m. it is easy to handle the buggy no matter you are a new hobbyist of RC cars or an advanced RC car enthusiast.
50mph is pretty much the sweet spot for ‘really fast’ RC cars in my opinion, especially when you’re considering this is Stock speed (Stock just means straight out of the box).
The JLB Racing Cheetah has been known for a while as one of the best options to go for if you’re looking for a mixture of pace and durability. It’s acceleration is really impressive, and although it has a bigger frame, this doesn’t hold it back at all. It’s good at resisting bumps and it’s shock resistant, which is important as it helps to protect the internals of the RC car itself (the electrics etc). Although it has a big and bulky build, it’s surprisingly nimble and it has a really responsive control.
For complete beginners that desire speed, the Cheetah proves to still be a popular choice for a good reason. It’s one of the fastest RC cars around, available at a pretty decent price when you compare it to other RC cars around. It’s got good steering, and it’s perfect as an all round RC car, for both amateurs and more advanced drivers.
Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer
Top Speed – 50mph
- The realistic 4-link rear suspension with solid rear axle, cantilever sway bars, and functional Limiting straps delivers real-truck driving dynamics
- Twin GTR shocks at each corner replicate full-scale Desert truck performance in perfect scale detail while delivering a plush ride through deep whoops
- The phenomenal off-road ability comes from extreme suspension travel, allowing the suspension to do the work while the chassis remains steady and composed
There aren’t many RC cars that can hit 50 mph out of the box, but Traxxas served up another one with the Unlimited Desert Racer.
The UDR is not only one of the fastest RC cars, but it’s undoubtedly one of the most attractive as well. It’s truck-slash-muscle car design is unique to Traxxas, and although it’s relatively sleek you still get the 4×4 action. This means that it has awesome suspension, which is ideal if you’re going off-road. The chassis will stay in position with it’s low center of gravity, and with high quality types the UDR is definitely a top RC car.
Traxxas Slash 4×4
Top Speed – 35mph
No products found.
If you’re looking for an upgrade on the regular Slash, then you might want to take a look at the Slash 4×4. It has a 35mph out of the box speed which is fast than the regular version, but it’s also easily upgraded if you so wish.Not everyone is going to be able to get the Traxxas XO-1, so if you want to get something that can go at a decent speed, you’re best off buying something much cheaper and modifying it yourself. With a battery upgrade you can easily get it up to 60-65mph. Like the Slash, the 4×4 is a durable monster that’s great for racing outdoors. If you’re looking for a race car that’s definitely going to last, then any Slash beast is going to make a decent choice.
Redcat Racing Blackout XTE
Top Speed – 35mph
- 4WD Monster truck, Revolutionary "bashable" chassis design with swappable interchangeable components, Ball bearings throughout.
- Tunable suspension, Adjustable ride height, Tunable shocks, Tunable gear differentials, Adjustable camber, Adjustable toe angle.
- Designed with the basher in mind. Less parts = more savings. Many of the components are interchangeable front to rear and/or side to side.
The Redcat Racing Blackout is one of the fastest monster trucks around. If you’re looking for a bulky beast that still has some acceleration and pace too, then the Blackout might make for a good option. Of course, it’s a 4WD and it will pretty much obliterate anything that’s in it’s path. With a top speed of 35mph, this is pretty impressive for a large truck like the Blackout. As any monster truck should be, it’s extremely durable and it’s undoubtedly an impressive RC car.
No products found.
Redcat Racing Shredder
Top Speed – 40mph
- Designed to jump big, go fast, and look great
- A streamlined layout provides stability and balance you can feel
- Heavy duty plastic throughout
The Redcat Racing Shredder is a typical monster truck that holds it’s own with any other monster truck out there. At a push you’re going to get 40mph speeds out of the Shredder, which is beyond impressive for any monster truck. It has a big chassis that will hold up well under all different weather conditions, which makes it a good choice for those looking to drive in the rain or in poor conditions.
No products found.
Traxxas Rustler (Stadium Truck)
Top Speed – 35mph
- WEATHERPROOF SYSTEM: Waterproof XL-5 electronic speed control and Titan motor deliver high-octane horsepower and all-weather fun
- PREMIUM CHASSIS: Beneath the reinforced clipless body, the all-new chassis sits lower, wider, and longer than before for increased stability
- VERSATILE GRIP: Large talon EXT tires provide versatile grip on any terrain, from backyard trails to concrete skate parks
The Rustler provides an alternative to the standard shell, and if you’re looking for a stadium truck RC car, then this is likely to be one of the best out there. It’s relatively fast straight out of the box like all Traxxas RC cars, and this one is particularly good for bad weather. If you live in a wet part of the country like me, then you’ll want something that’s going to hold up when the rain starts to fall. It’s available in various different color schemes, and it has some of the tidiest alloys that you’re going to find on any RC car.
The Traxxas is a decent choice if you’re looking for a first RC car, as it’s fast enough to be exciting but also offers enough control that you won’t end up crashing all the time.
Hosim Large Monster Truck
Top Speed – 30mph
- ✅【1:10 Large Scale Size & 4 Wheels Drive 】--- The 1:10 Scale big size and full proportional super-fast RC monster truck, the RC Cars four wheels consist of bouncing spring materials which give support to unexpected dropping and the unstable surface of the ground, make your children enjoy the high speed rc off road car for a longer period of time;
- ✅【46km/h Amazingly Fast】The max speed of rc electric cars is up to 46km/h(30mph). off road rc car can go both off-road and on-road environments with premium anti-skid heavy duty wheels. all metal sealed ball Bearing are special designed for tough environments and any rugged roads;
- ✅【1600mAH High Capacity Battery】--- The large rc trucks Come with a new rechargeable updated 7.4V 1600mAH Li-ion-PO battery Uniquely designed & manufactured for high RC Racing performance. Increase the rc offroad car runtime of your remote control monster trucks unit with a battery that will go the distance! the rc car for boys and adults will run for up to 10-15 mins with the top speed;
When you come down to the 30mph limit, prices of RC cars tend to drop a lot. That means that if you don’t need something that does 50mph out of the box from stock, then you’re a lot better off looking at this level. If you’re looking for something larger that can handle going off road, then this Hosim monster truck might be for you. It’s at a 1/10th scale, which makes it much larger than the usual 1/16th scale.
This Dual Motor RC car is a good option of you want some decent power. Many lower cost and cheaper RC cars aren’t particularly powerful, but that certainly isn’t the case with this model. It has a metal body that’s capable of withstanding a lot of bumping and bruising, so if you’re looking for an RC car that’s going to last, this would make a solid choice.
Top Speed – 30mph
- The number one selling name ins RTR
- Innovative design and engineering
- Made using only the highest quality components
The Slash has been one of Traxxas main RC cars for a long time, and it can get up to particularly impressive speeds of around 30mph out of the box. The Slash is one of the most durable RC cars out there, and for a 2WD it’s surprisingly good at handling bumps and hilly environments. Of course if you’re going to be racing outdoors you’ll prefer the Slash 4×4, but this is still a great version for racing on flatter surfaces. For beginners looking to get a little more serious with their RC cars, this would be an awesome choice.
Top Speed – 30mph
- Officially licensed Ford Mustang GT scale replica body with performance 4WD 4-Tec 2.0 chassis. Ground Clearance: 0.3 inches
- True 30+mph capability with waterproof XL-5 ESC, Titan 12-Turn motor, and watertight receiver box for all weather fun
- TQ 2.4GHz remote control provides long range, glitch-free performance and quick response times while allowing multiple vehicles to be used together without interference
If you’re looking for the fastest RC car, then it isn’t going to be the Traxxas Mustang. But if you’re after the coolest looking car, then there aren’t any that can beat it.
The Traxxas Mustang is actually officially licensed from Ford, so you’re getting pretty much a mini replica of the Mustang itself. Although it’s not the fastest out there, it does feel particularly nice driving on smooth roads with the Mustang. But, it won’t handle any kind of rough surface well because it’s only 0.3inches from the ground in the first place. So if you’re planning to keep it on level surfaces, this would make a decent choice.
Redcat Racing Lightning
Top Speed – 30+mph
- Features aluminum Capped oil filled shocks and adjustable independent suspension
- 2.4GHz radio system provides reliable control for weaving in and out of lap traffic
- Waterproof with 4 wheel Drive
The Redcat Racing Lightning is a good choice if you’re looking for something that can drift – if you’re looking for a drifting RC car, then this might be one of the best ones out there. Whilst it isn’t particularly fast out of the box, this doesn’t mean that you should overlook it completely.
Although it’s stated that it might do 40mph out of the box, to get it up to these kinds of speeds you’re going to have to make some modifications to it, which isn’t how we’re judging these cars (as they all have the ability to be modified, pretty much).
Redcar Racing Volcano
Top Speed: 20mph
- 4WD Monster truck w/ Large monster truck tires, Lightweight molded plastic chassis, (8) Aluminum capped oil filled shocks, front and rear gear differentials.
- Tunable suspension, Adjustable ride height, Tunable shocks, Tunable gear differentials, Adjustable camber, Adjustable toe angle. Speed Control: 40a Brushed Waterproof ESC
- Aggressive tires, Independent suspension, Low center of gravity chassis for high speed performance, Ball bearings throughout.
Redcat Racing Everest
Top Speed: 7-8mph
- Aluminum chassis, 4-Link suspension, Aluminum capped oil filled shocks, Beadlock wheels, Centrally mounted motor, Shaft driven, Locked diffs, Ball bearings throughout.
- Selectable upper shock positions, Adjustable ride height, Tunable suspension.
- Large aggressive tires, Scale body, Good articulation.
I thought I’d include the Everest at the end because not all RC cars are made to be the fastest out there. Sometimes, an RC car might have a different purpose, and the Everest is a really good example of that. It isn’t made to be a super fast RC car; instead, it’s designed to be the most rugged beast out there when it comes to climbing rocks and handling awful terrain. With a quick charging time and slow enough to handle all different types of gravel and rocks, the Everest definitely has it’s place amongst RC cars. I’ve also mentioned some other off road RC cars you might want to check out, too.
Questions to ask yourself before buying an RC car
If you’re thinking of purchasing your first RC car (or even if you’re not), it’s worth looking at other models of RC car to see if they’re more suitable for you. The fastest RC car possible isn’t going to be the best option for everyone, so it’s definitely worth look at other models, like drifting cars. But if you’re wanting to get the fastest RC car for your money, then there are a few things that you’ll need to think about.
- Do you want to make modifications later down the road? – One of the main questions that anyone should ask themselves when purchasing an RC car is whether they’ll want to make modifications at a later date. If this is the case, then you’ll need to invest a decent amount to begin with, because the cheapest RC cars won’t have these possibilities. Generally the $150-200 mark is enough to pick up a decent RC car.
What to consider before buying an RC Car
Before purchasing an RC car, you’ll want to have a look at some of the different specifications and criteria that you expect your RC car to meet. Depending on what you’re looking for, there are different things that might make one option more suitable for you than another.
- Price – When you’re looking for the fastest RC car, then you’re going to have to cough up some change. As you can see, the fastest RC car in the world is around $1000, which puts it out of the majority of peoples price range. But, do you really need a car that can go 100mph? One way around this is to go for a car that can go 30 mph out of the box and modify it yourself. If you can pick up a good RC car at less than $200 and modify it, this is a good way to get yourself a fast RC car.
- Style – You need to make the decision about what type of RC you’re going to opt for. Do you want a car that can drift, or do you want something that can do off road? Because you’ll want to figure this out before you purchase anything. Generally, these
- Speed – Is speed really the most important thing to you? Before purchasing, you’ll want to consider if you really need a car that does 50 out of the box, or whether one that does 30-35mph would do you just fine.
Overall, these are the fastest RC cars that you can buy stock right now. Whilst you can mod your ow stock car to increase it’s speed, if you’re looking for out of the box speed, then you aren’t going to beat any of them models that I’ve shown here. It’s pretty easy to see that Traxxas lead the market by some distance in terms of speed and performance, and they’re a good option if you want high level motoring.
But you don’t need to opt for Traxxas if you’re just looking for a fast RC car, and there are a ton of other options out there. I’ve listed some of the fastest ones here, and there’s a ton of other cars out there that you might want to check out too if you’re looking for the fastest remote control car out there.
Last update on 2020-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API