If you’re an avid gamer, then one of the best choices that you can purchase (aside from a new console!) is a good quality gaming chair. They can work wonders for your posture, and undoubtedly improve your gameplay if you’re using a regular desk chair or you’re playing from your bed.
The issue with many gaming chairs is that they can be super expensive! Although usually I advise getting high quality products, a gaming chair isn’t necessarily something that you need to splash out hundreds of dollars on. You can undoubtedly get a good gaming chair under 100 bucks – if you do the research beforehand.
But with an abundance of different brands on the market, which one is the right choice for you? Well, here I’ll look at some of the best gaming chairs that are currently available online that won’t leave you broke.
Best Gaming Chair under 100 Bucks
Homall High Back Gaming Chair
- Selected Material:High Density shaping Foam,more comfortable,anti-oxidation,elasticity resilience and service life;1.8mm thick steel frame,more sturdy and stable;Pu Leather,skin friendly and wear-resisting.
- Upgraded Configuration:Class-3 gas lift verified by SGS,durable,reliable and supports up to 300lbs;Rubber casters,rolling quietly and tested by 1000 miles rolling.
- Dimension:Size of Back: 22.5"X30.5"(LXW),Size of Seat: 19.8"X20.5"(LXW),Seat adjustable height:17.3-21.5 inch.
The Homall high back is a great place to start for anyone looking to get themselves a gaming chair. It’s pretty much the generic definition of what a gaming chair should be; stylish, comfortable and luckily, pretty affordable too.
One of the main things that you’re going to want in a gaming chair is the ability to change the tilt and lock it in place. There are some gaming chairs out there that don’t have the ability to lock the back in at a 180 degree angle. This leaves the chair tilting back every time you lean back, which can be annoying (and bad for your back!). Fortunately, this isn’t the case with the Homall, as you have the ability to long it in an upright position really easily.
Another reason that I like the Homall is that it has a good lower back support. This is essentially a specially designed cushion that ensures that you keep your back upright whilst you’re gaming. If you’re guilty of slouching (me too!), then this kind of gaming chair is a great idea to try and improve your sitting posture.
The Homall is one of the highest quality gaming chairs that you’re going to find within a tight budget. So, if you’re after a decent gaming chair, I’d recommend looking at this one before anything else.
FurMax Office Chair
- High back office and gaming chair, leather and bucket seat with padded armrests
- 5 star base with 360 degree swivel wheels, Running smoothly on floor
- Pneumatic seat-height adjustment: 14.5"-17.3", Seating area dimension: 19.8"X19.8" , Back rest size: 19.8"X26.5", Maximum capacity:280lbs
If you’re looking for something that you can use as an office chair as well as a gaming chair, then this might prove to be a viable option for you. The FurMax looks and is styled like an office chair, but works equally well as a gaming chair too.
If you’re on a tighter budget and want to keep it down to around 50 bucks, then the FurMax may be something that you want to consider. Although you might think that a $50 budget would guarantee you a low quality chair, this isn’t necessarily the case as the FurMax does get the job done.
One of the good things about the FurMax is that it’s particularly easy to assemble. This means that you won’t need to spend ages putting it together, as the instructions are pretty straight forward. The way to put this together is strikingly similar to an Ikea chair, so if you can handle that, you should be able to handle this one too.
Altogether, the FurMax office chair offers another viable option if you’re looking for something cheap and cheerful.
Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair
- High curved back covered by breathable premium leather with Freely adjustable lumbar support and headrest pillow protecting your spinal and neck
- 360 degree swivel rotation with top quality mute rolling Wheels avoid scratching on floor board and freely move in your space
- Easy lock-tilt adjustment with recline angle adjuster, relieve tired feeling and pressure during long gaming or working
Ergonomic chairs are useful for gaming, as your posture is important. This Devoko Ergonomic chair is a prime example of a good quality gaming chair that will keep you sitting upright.
For the money, this is likely one of the better quality options that you’re going to find available. It’s made of high quality leather, which is the most commonly used material for gaming chairs. Although this is a cheaper option, it’s as good of a quality as chairs that cost much more.
Another good thing about this brand in particular is that they have great customer service. Even though they may not be as big as some of the other brands out there, they’re still honourable and if you do have any issues with the chair, then you can contact them without any issues.
One bad thing about this particular gaming chair is that it doesn’t have adjustable armrests. This means that you can’t pull them back or move them, which may be a little frustrating for some people. But overall, this is a decent option that you don’t want to look past.
OFM Essentials Racing Chair
- COMPUTER GAMING CHAIR: A race car style chair that provides luxury and comfort whether used during intense gaming sessions or long workdays
- ERGONOMIC SWIVEL CHAIR: With contoured segmented padding, integrated padded headrest, and padded arms, this video game chair provides quality support and comfort for hours of play
- ADJUSTABLE RACING CHAIR: Features height adjustment, seat back recline control, flip up arms and 360 degrees of swivel. Arm Height- 26 - 29.75 Inches. Seat Height- 17 - 20.75 Inches. Seat Size- 20 W x 19 D Inches. Back Size- 19.75 W x 29.50 H Inches
OFM have produced one of the better gaming chairs if you’re trying to keep under that $100 budget. It has pretty much everything you could want of a gaming chair – flip up arms, ergonomic comfortable seating, and all the adjustability you could ever need.
One of the things I like most about this chair is that the arms are padded to a degree that’s super comfortable. In comparison to most cheap gaming chairs that have plastic arms, the padded luxury you get with this one definitely make a difference. This is especially true if you’re gaming, as you’re going to use the armrests more often.
If you want a gaming chair with a ton of different colorway options, then you’ll get that with the OFM racing chair. Although the colors are quite subtle, there’s still a few different options for you to choose from. Overall, this is another good option if you’re looking for a relatively basic gaming chair.
X Rocker Extreme Gaming Chair
- Great for playing video games, listening to music, watching TV, reading, and relaxing
- 2.0 stereo speakers give you a personal surround sound experience
- Will play music from any source with headset or RCA outputs
I’m not a fan of rocking gaming chairs myself, but it’s only right that I include a few of them in this list of gaming chairs. They can make a great addition to any gaming den, especially if you have younger kids who don’t break their back every time they use a low gravity rocking chair (I’m not bitter at all about getting old, honestly!).
The good thing about these kinds of gaming chairs is that they have speakers built into the headrest. This means that you don’t have to pick up a gaming headset, though personally I would still use headphones anyway and use the in built speakers on the odd occasion. This kind of design can be good for some people too, as opposed to
For me, these types of gaming chairs are more suited to younger kids (less than early teens), but they can make a good addition to a gaming room.
Ace Bayou Wireless Rocker
- You Can Feel the Sound with V Rocker Interactive Audio
- Two Forward Facing Speakers with Powerful Subwoofer
- Wireless Audio Transmission and Headphone Jack
I’ve also included this as another option for a gaming rocker. Whilst it isn’t much different than the X Rocker, there are some things that might make thing one a better choice.
The main difference between the two is that this model is made from high quality leather, as opposed to the X Rocker. Depending on what you prefer, one will likely be far more suitable than the other. Another thing that you might prefer about this model is that this one has a more defined design, and is much less likely to tilt over. This is in comparison to the X Rocker, which has a slightly narrower design.
Like the X Rocker, this one has an easy to use control panel by the side of the chair which allows you to control the volume. So whilst there isn’t much difference in the rockers, they both provide a different ergonomic position if you prefer this type of design.
Jummico High Back with Lumbar Support
- Comfortable design: Large and wide backrest and seat cushion, thicker padded and deeper bucket seat for maximum comfort，provides a better experience and makes you enjoy intense gaming time
- Multifunction: Ergonomic chair covered by breathable premium leather with a freely removable headrest pillow and lumbar support. It provides extra comfort for gaming, studying and resting
- Easy installation: Our gaming chair comes with all hardware & necessary tools. Follow the instruction, it will be easy to set up, and gaming chair estimated assembly time in about 10-20mins.
If you’re looking for a cheap gaming chair that can take a good deal of weight, then this Jummico model might be a good choice.
One of the concerns about cheap gaming chairs is that they’re not going to be able to handle anything over 200lbs. Well, you don’t need to worry about that with this one, as it can comfortably hold a 6 ft 6, 300lb person due to it’s large design. It has a deep seat and a wide headrest, making it perfect for larger teenagers and adults. Ergonomically, it’s comfortable enough to sit down for long hours and play your favorite games.
If you want a high quality large chair at a lower price, then this is undoubtedly a great option.
BestOffice Ergonomic Swivel Chair
- 【EXTRA COMFORT WITH FOOTREST】 - We present this brand new high back gaming Chair with a unique appearance and thickly cushioned for maximum comfort. Gaming chair office chair desk chair computer chair ergonomic chair.
- 【EASY TO SET UP】 - Our racing chair comes with all hardware & necessary tools. Gaming chair have commercial-grade components, maximum supports up to 250lbs. Follow the instruction, you'll found easy to put together, and office chair estimated assembly time in about 10-15mins. Gaming office desk computer ergonomic chair.
- 【MULTI PURPOSE OFFICE CHAIR】 - Ergonomic racing chair covered by breathable premium PU leather with freely adjustable lumbar support and headrest pillow protecting your spinal and neck. And most important, locking in any position when you recline, have the safe angle 90-155 degree. Office chair gaming chair computer chair desk chair executive chair.
For some people, a footrest is a must so they can kick their feet up and relax whilst gaming. If this is you, then it could be worth looking at this ergonomic swivel chair made by BestOffice.
Whilst it is quite similar to your standard office chair, the footrest really makes a difference if you want to kick back. You can still have the chair itself upright whilst the footrest is up, so don’t worry – you don’t have to lean fully back any time you want to use it. It’s also very sturdy, so you shouldn’t be too worried about the footrest breaking.
Like the better gaming chairs out there, this one has awesome support for your lower back and your spine. For me, this is one of the most important parts of getting yourself a good quality gaming chair. If you’re going to spend hours gaming, then it’s really a must to get something that’s comfortable for you. So, a gaming chair like this one makes sense, as it has great back support.
One thing I will say about this chair is that it isn’t as good of a quality as some of the others listed. Unfortunately, under $100 you’re going to find some chairs that are of a lower quality, and this one is an example of that. So for the short term, this may make a good choice. But, you shouldn’t expect it to last you an age, as it’s not made of the highest quality materials.
What to look for in a gaming chair
When you’re looking for a decent gaming chair, there are a few things that you’re going to want to consider to ensure that you’re getting the best deal for you. Here are a few things you might want to think about before purchasing one.
Of course, the price is one of the most important aspects of pretty much any purchase nowadays. This is especially true of furniture, which can be a nightmare if you don’t spend the right amount. If you spend too little on a gaming chair, then the likelihood is that it’s not going to make it through the next few years. So, you should have a sufficient budget for one before you make a purchase. $70-100 is a good ballpark figure when considering a budget gaming chair.
Depending on yourself and what you need, you’re likely going to find different things comfortable. For gaming chairs, the stereotypical design is naturally good for your back and posture, as the people who make them know that you’re likely to spend a long time sitting. With other gaming chairs like bean bags, you’ll need to consider whether this type of chair is going to be good for your back and comfort in general.
Something that you’ll undoubtedly want to consider that most people forget is adjustability. If your chair isn’t fully adjustable, then this can become a bit of an issue Adjustability doesn’t just refer to being able to make the chair go up and down – it also refers to how the chair reacts when you tilt backwards. Some chairs enable you to lock the chair in an upright position, whilst others don’t. This can create a rocking motion, which isn’t great and might not suit you.
For most people this won’t be an issue, but if you’re on the heavier side, this is something you’ll have to consider. All of the chairs that are listed have a 250-300lbs maximum capacity. If you need more than this, then you’re going to have to look at a more expensive gaming chair to support your weight.
Style can contain a few different things. Firstly, you need to consider the material that your gaming chair is going to be made out of. The majority of gaming chairs are made out of leather, and this works extremely well for most people. Though, there are other options out there if you dislike leather, so be sure to shop around.
As well as the material, you’ll also want to consider the color and shape of the chair too. Not all gaming chairs are black, and in many cases, there are some cool colorways available.
Overall, these are just some of the options that you might want to consider if you’re after a good gaming chair. The best gaming chairs can run up into the hundreds (and even the thousands!) for the most expensive ones, so bear that in mind. If you have the extra budget, then you might want to look at a more premium range gaming chair.
But, that isn’t a necessity. And this list proves that you really don’t need to spend a fortune to get you or your kids a decent gaming chair. There are a ton of good options around, and in my opinion, the Homall is one of the best examples of a decent gaming chair. You’ll get the ability to use a gaming chair that compares to those of a much higher quality at a decent price.
Last update on 2019-06-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API