Gaming headsets can be really expensive. But, if you’re looking to pick up a cheap one and you don’t have a ton of money to spare, you don’t have to spend a fortune on a gaming headset to get a half decent one.
If you avoid the more expensive brands like Turtle Beach and Astro, then there are still some really good deals out there for those looking for a bargain. Though they might not match the more expensive sets in terms of quality, they’ll typically cost a whole bunch less. And for most people, they don’t really need an expensive headset, so getting a cheap one can make sense.
With that in mind, here are some of the cheapest headsets around that are less than $30.
Best Gaming Headset under $30
Arkartech Gaming Headset
- 【Excellent compatibility】 Supports PS4, PS5, new Xbox One, PC, laptop,Switch, PSP, tablet, and mobile phone. A Microsoft adapter (not included) is needed to connect with the original Xbox One. Adjustable headband is suitable for both adults and children. It will perfectly meet your demands for gaming, working, online chatting, broadcasting, and recording.
- 【Super cool appearance】 breathing LED light effect with 7 automatically changing colors to enhance the gaming atmosphere. Unique, eye-catching, sharp appearance with many game elements. A high-quality performance, Professional gaming headset with a super cool appearance and lighting effect. Note: The USB is only for led lights, a mobile power bank or an extension cable is useful if the usb is short for you.
- 【Extreme comfort】 extremely lightweight design (Less than 335G), adjustable padded headband, skin-friendly over-ear ear pads with softness. You will remain comfortable, without ear compression or heat, even after very long gaming sessions. Perfect for immersing yourself in the world of gaming.
If you’re looking for something that’s particularly durable, then it might be a good idea to look at this Arkartech gaming headset. If you’ve ever threw your headset off in a fit of rage – and yes, all gamers have done it at some point – then you’ll want a headset that can take a few bumps. The Arkartech headset is a bulky beast, but that makes it long lasting and solid too.
The sound quality is pretty good for the low price, and one of the most impressive things about this set is that the mic quality is just awesome. They also feel particularly comfortable on the ears. This is a necessity for those that spend a lot of time gaming, as it can get extremely uncomfortable after a while if you don’t have the right headphones. Fortunately, this set never feels like a burden when they’re on your head, so you won’t need to worry about that.
The only negative that I can think of about this set is that it is pretty huge, and it doesn’t exactly look cool. But from a functionality perspective, you really can’t argue that it’s one of the best headsets around.
Runmus Gaming Headset
- 50mm Driver Delivers Surround Sound. Whether you're immersed in God of War or want to hear your enemies motion in Fortnite, PUBG or CS:GO, wearing a professional gaming headset does matters. With a 50mm driver, RUNMUS PS4 headset offers an incredibly surround sound for both games and music.
- Ergonomic Design & Premium Material. Gamers usually play games for many hours, so the comfort is also a key factor when choosing a Xbox one headset. We have tested our headsets for many years on hundreds of different heads, the retractable band and breathable ear pad make sure every player could enjoy the optimal wearing comfort.
- Multiple Platform Compatibility. This gaming headset with a 3.5mm audio jack is compatible with PC, MAC, Game Boy Advance, PS4 controller, Xbox One controller(Please note: newer models have a headphone jack, older ones require an adapter.), Nintendo Switch (audio), Nintendo New 3DS LL/3DS (audio), Nintendo 3DS LL/3DS (audio).
If you don’t have a ton of cash to spend, then getting a cheap gaming headset like this one from Runmus is essential. It doesn’t do anything miraculous to stand out from the rest, but it’s undoubtedly a good option as it does everything well.
One of the best things about this particular headset is that the mic has a noise cancellation design. This means that the people on the other end of your game won’t be able to hear a ton of things in the background, which
Kootop Gaming Headphones
If you’re looking for a low cost set of headphones that are ideal for kids, then you might want to look at this Kootop set of gaming headphones. They’re super cheap, and the LED light design makes them an awesome choice for younger kids who will love the lights.
For a really cheap set of headphones, they’re actually surprisingly comfortable and they’re going to fit nicely onto your head. Comfort is something that you’ll definitely want to take into account when getting yourself a set of gaming headphones, because they can become annoying after wearing them for long periods of time. So, a comfy set of headphones like these is ideal for those that want to game all night long.
They’re easily compatible with all the major consoles and for the price, the sound quality is decent too. So, it could be worth considering opting for this set of gaming headphones.
- 【UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY】Support PlayStation 4, New Xbox One, PC, Nintendo 3DS, Switch, Laptop, PSP, Tablet, iPad, Computer, Mobile Phone. Please note you need an extra Microsoft Adapter (Not Included) when connect with an old version Xbox One controller.
- 【SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY】With high quality stereo and intelligent extreme bass enhances sound clarity, bring you amazing audio experience.
- 【NOISE-CANCELING MICROPHONE】 The mic is flexible for exact positioning to clearly collects desired voice for prompt & clear teammate communication, meanwhile removing unwanted background noise. The long flexible mic is designed very convenient to adjust the angle of the microphone.
I like a bargain, and the majority of gaming headphones you’re going to find at less than $30 are going to be very similar. This is in terms of design and specifications too, so the sound quality will not differentiate too much. So, it can just make sense to go for the cheapest option that’s available, which in this case, is these Nubwo headphones.
You can use these headphones with pretty much any device, so it doesn’t matter whether you’re using a PS4, Xbox or something else. They’re quite thick and chunky in their design, which means that whilst they might not appear to be the most fashionable of headphones, they’ll be comfortable and long lasting. In my opinion for their cheap price, they possibly offer the best value for many out of any gaming headset available.
- 【NOISE CANCELING MICROPHONE】 This ps4 headset provides high-end noise cancellation to enable you to chat to your fellow players with crystal clarity. If you wanna enjoy your valuable me-time without communicating with other players, you could turn off the mic by flipping the switch.
- 【50MM DRIVER DELIVERS SURROUND SOUND】 Whether you're immersed in God of War or want to hear your enemies motion in Fortnite, PUBG or CS:GO, wearing a professional ps4 headset does matter. With a 50mm driver,ONIKUMA PS4 headset offers an incredibly surround sound for both games and music.
- 【ERGONOMIC DESIGN & PREMIUM MATERIAL】:Gamers usually play games for many hours, so the comfort is also a key factor when choosing a Xbox one headset. We have tested our headsets for many years on hundreds of different heads, the retractable band and breathable ear pad make sure every player could enjoy the optimal wearing comfort of our PS4 Headset.
And finally, this Onikuma headset is another good choice if you’re looking for a good gaming headset. The brand itself is more prestigious than others listed here, so there’s no surprise that their budget headset is popular amongst gamers. In comparison to other cheap brands out there, Onikuma actually offer a 2 year warranty with these headphones, as opposed to the 1 year that you’d likely find with the majority of other cheap headphones out there. So, this shows they have some confidence in their products.
Overall, this could be the best budget gaming headset currently available, and if you want to save some cash, this could prove to be a good investment.
What to look for in a gaming headset
If you’re going to purchase a gaming headset, then there are undoubtedly some things that you’ll want to consider beforehand. This is especially true for budget headsets, which you’ll need to be a little more careful about before purchasing.
Would you be here if you wasn’t concerned about the price already? Gaming headsets can cost a fortune, but for the majority of people, it really isn’t worth spending hundreds of dollars on one. A cheap $30 headset has pretty much all the functions of something much more expensive – the only real difference is the sound quality.
Of course, you’ll want to take the sound quality that you’re getting from your headphones into account too. This can be a major factor in a headset, as if you don’t have a decent sound quality, it’s going to frustrate you when you’re playing. Getting a set of headphones that sound good is essential when you’re making a purchase.
Something that a lot of people forget when they’re purchasing a set of gaming headphones is that their comfort is also extremely important. Most headsets are comfortable for half an hour, but if they’re not comfortable after long periods of time, this can be a bit of a nightmare. If you’re someone that likes gaming deep into the night, then getting a headset that’s comfortable is also super important.
Here are a few of the options available, of course being less than $30 you’re severely limited. But to be honest, most people will be fine with a cheap headset – just because it’s cheap, doesn’t necessarily mean the headset is going to be bad. As long as you purchase a half decent one like some of the ones I’ve recommended here, they should last you a long while.
Last update on 2020-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API