If you’re going to take your gaming seriously, then the first thing that you need to do is pick up a gaming mouse. Aside from getting a gaming keyboard, your mouse is going to be the most important part of your gaming setup.
Although you might not think it, you can still pick up a cheap gaming mouse that will do a good job. Will it be as good as an expensive gaming mouse? Probably not, but for those on a budget it isn’t really plausible to spend $100 on a gaming mouse. So, if you’re looking to pick up a gaming mouse at less than $30, here are a few options you should look out for.
Best Gaming Mouse under $30
Every gamer in the world knows the drawbacks of using a mouse with a cord. Such mice restrict the movement of the arm so getting a mouse without a cord would be the natural solution, however, many believe that in order to get a good gaming wireless mouse, you will need to spend a lot of money, upwards of $100. Luckily, this is not true. There are many good budget gaming mice that are available for a lot less than $100, so in this article, we will be taking a look at some of the best cheap wireless gaming mice.
- Prodigy Series Logitech G mouse for advanced gaming grade performance up-to 8 times faster response than standard mice so every mouse click and move is near instantaneous from hand to screen
- Advanced button tensioning reduces the force needed to click the left and right buttons and delivers exceptional click feel, response and consistency. Max. acceleration >25 G. Max. speed >200 IPS
- Classic design inspired by the Logitech G100S mouse, a favorite of gamers and eSports pros worldwide, re- engineered and optimized for gaming and everyday versatility, durability and comfort
DPI: 8,000 | Programmable Buttons: 6
If you’re looking for the best option under $30, then I’d have to opt for the G203 over the other models that are available. There are a couple of reasons why I prefer the G203 to the other models available on the market.
The main reason that I like the G203 is really because of the way that it’s designed. It’s definitely one of the most comfortable mice I’ve used, which is what I’ve found in general with the better brands like Logitech and Razer – they pay more attention to the design of the mouse than most other brands out there. Although the mouse itself only has an 8,000 dpi (which might seem small compare to the competition), I’ve found this to be perfect for me. Plus, you have the ability to change the dpi in increments of 50 if you find the 8,000 dpi too sensitive.
Another good thing about opting for Logitech as opposed to some of the cheaper Chinese brands out there is that you’re going to get reliable customer service. If you have an issue with this one, then you’re going to get good customer support from Logitech who will likely send you a replacement or fix the current model you’re using. If you opt for a cheaper $15 model from China, you’re a lot less likely to receive the same level of support.
So, if you’re looking for the top model at under $30, then I’d have to say this is my number 1 choice. It’s a solid brand name, it’s very responsive and above all, it’s very comfortable for long hours of gaming.
Pictek Gaming Mouse
- 【Excellent gaming performance with 7200 DPI and 4 polling rate】 PICTEK T7 programmable gaming mice, default five DPI levels available from 1200/2400/3500/5500/7200 DPI. With two DPI button, you can adjust the dpi easily to get high accuracy and consistent responsiveness at any speed. 4 polling rate is adjustable: 125Hz/250Hz/500Hz/1000Hz, polling rate ensures smooth AND high-speed movement, up to 1000Hz makes it faster and more accurate than ordinary mouse.
- 【All mouse buttons are programmable】 support macro editing, 7 mouse buttons can be programmed by PICTEK easy-to-program gaming software which makes the mouse more intelligent and meets more demands for different games. Great value and control FPS gaming mouse, also excellent for MOBA/ RTS games. (Driver Disk included) Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Vista, Linux etc. ( Note: no programming function for Mac system).
- 【16 million color fancy cool LED backlit】 16 million color options for the backlight setting to match your style. Easily shut on AND off the backlight with the convenient switch on the bottom. Plus, adopts high-definition optical gaming sensor, ensure quickly switch for different games.
If you want to spend even less than the $30 budget, then you could even look at a cheap option like this Pictek gaming mouse. For it’s price at around $10-15, you’re getting a whole lot of mouse for that kind of price. It has a dpi of 7200, which is a vast improvement over a computer mouse.
It has 7 buttons, two of which are designed to easily increase and decrease the dpi of the mouse itself. This means that if you’re finding things to be too sensitive for you, then you can easily decrease the dpi – however, it might be better to do this in game if you can. Ergonomically, the mouse feels good and fits into the hand comfortable without any struggle in the wrist.
The only thing that I don’t like about this mouse is that it feels pretty cheap. I mean, it is really cheap, but it’s made of lower quality materials and it doesn’t feel as robust as the other mice. But for it’s price, I don’t think there’s much to argue about!
- WIRED GAMING MOUSE; built for PC Gamers -Optical Gaming Mouse up to 12400 DPI via software, 12000 FPS, 1000 Hz polling rate, 50G acceleration. The High-Precision Sensor delivers Pinpoint Accuracy while the Micro Switch ensure longevity, greater durability
- LED RGB BACKLIT PROGRAMMABLE GAMING MOUSE; 18 programmable buttons, 5 Memory Profiles each with distinct LED color option for quick identification. Comes with 8-piece weight tuning set (2.4g x8) and Breathing Effects. (LED Backlight can be disabled)
- ERGONOMIC GAMER MOUSE DESIGN; Ergonomic shape fits naturally in your hand, reduces stress with superior productivity and efficiency. Give an extremely gaming experience during sessions.
If you want a mouse with a lot of macro keys (or buttons), the usually you’re going to have to up your budget quite a bit. Fortunately, there are a few cheaper options available at a cheap price too, with M901 being a good example of this. This is a good Redragon option, which holds it’s own with the other gaming mice available here.
As I said, you’ll want to look at this one specifically if you want a ton of macro keys, buttons or whatever else you want to call them. It has 18 buttons, which is far more than anything else on the list – it’s most similar to the Logitech G601, which is another good gaming mouse, but it’s more than twice the price of this one. Although it’s cheap, it doesn’t feel cheap and it’s similar quality to more expensive options.
As well as having the option for a ton of different easily programmable buttons, it also has an incredible dpi of up to 24000. If you have the gaming computer to be able to hand this kind of mouse, then this is another solid option.
- USE: Comfortable, durable, and ready to game
- FEATURES: 6000 DPI optical gaming sensor, and rreconfigured for the best performance
- DESIGN: Designed to fit in your hand and supports multiple grip styles and virtually infinite color and lighting effects customization
Another option that is worth considering is the Corsair Harpoon. Whilst I wouldn’t pick it over the other options here, some people might prefer the Harpoon.
It has been a while since Corsair started dipping their toes into the peripherals market, and recently, they have been coming up with some great mice, one of them being the Corsair Harpoon RGB. The mouse contains a sensor that can go up to 10000 DPI and is unmatched when it comes to tracking performance. It also contains switches which can last up to 50 million clicks.
Corsair Harpoon RGB also weighs less than 100 grams which makes it one of the lightest mice out there. The battery life is not as large as our previous entry, but with more than 60 hours on, you should have no problems concerning battery life.
When it comes to the RGB features of the Corsair Harpoon RGB, the mouse comes with its own software for it in which users can also tweak other settings such as the mouse sensitivity and programming and remapping individual buttons. Gaming wise, the mouse is very responsive and accurate which makes it a great choice for those who enjoy FPS tittles on regular occasions.
The design of the mouse is simple, but very comfortable and offers a good grip which ensures that the mouse won’t be flying out of your hand during intense gaming sessions. Overall, the Corsair Harpoon RGB is a great budget gaming mouse that offers a comfortable design, solid performance a good amount of user customization.
Razer Deathadder Elite
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones, Based on dollar sales, Jan. 2017- June 2020 combined
- High-Precision 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor: Offers on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment through dedicated DPI buttons (reprogrammable) for gaming and creative work
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Includes 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
DPI: 16,000 Programmable Button – 7
I know this one is kind of cheating, but if you have a little bit more than $30 then I’d opt for the Razer Deathadder Elite. It’s the one that I personally use, and you can usually find it on sale for around $40-45, so it’s not much more expensive than the other gaming mice that I’ve listed here. However, in my experience I much prefer Razer products than the majority of the competitors out there, and it’s been them and Logitech for my favorite computing accessories.
I like the Deathadder Elite for a few reasons. It has 7 programmable buttons, which is perfect for playing online games in my opinion, though not as many as higher end mice. The Deathadder Elite is also one of the cheapest Razer products to have the famous Chroma Lighting, which although doesn’t help with functionality, is great for aesthetic appearance. It has a 16000 dpi, and I’ve found it as responsive as any other mouse that I’ve used.
Overall, the Deathadder Elite has stayed as my main gaming mouse for years now, so I thought it was worth mentioning it here (even though it’s a little pricier than the rest).
Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Upto 250 hours of battery life (Best with Polaroid AA Batteries)
- Power saving, high accuracy Delta Zero sensor technology. Try tracking on a different surface
- Lag free gaming grade wireless, performance and endurance modes maximize battery life
Coming in at number one is the Logitech G602. Boasting a battery life that is longer than 250 hours, this lightweight cordless mouse features such a design that it perfectly fits into the user’s hand. The mouse is also extremely lightweight and features 2.4GHz technology which makes it capable of transmitting data completely lag-free.
Logitech G602 features mechanical click switches that will last up to 20 million clicks and features eleven buttons that are fully customizable and programmable so you can assign any keystroke you desire to them. The LED battery indicator will always inform you when the battery is low so you will never have to worry about running out of juice in the middle of a gaming session.
When it comes to its weight, this mouse in particular is a bit on the heavier side so it is not recommended for any lightweight gaming. The mouse itself weighs around 148 grams and doesn’t offer a lot when it comes to weight optimization. Those who want can remove the battery cover, but this does little to nothing to help reduce its weight.
Luckily, this weight is there for a reason. By using this mouse, players can feel its excellent build quality. The durability of the mouse is definitely good, but inferior to some other higher-end Logitech mice. The design of the Logitech G602 wireless mouse is generally good. Although the mouse is on the bulkier side, it fits excellent in the user’s hand, no matter how big or small it is. It offers a comfortable yet very sturdy grip.
VEGCOO C8 Silent Wireless Gaming Mouse
- ▶Adopted advanced technology, it can not only provide reliable wireless connection but also an accurate tracking. Allowing you move your gaming mouse freely without interference within 10m.
- ▶Soundless Clicking Mouse: Both left and right keys are silent. Say goodbye to the annoy noises when you are working at home or plays games.
- ▶ Amazing Led Lights: Illuminated colorful Leds that change its color randomly create a wonderful atmosphere, making you indulge in your play, which is really a cool gaming mouse. And the Led lights can be turned off if you do not need.
Nearing the bottom of our list at number four we have the VEGCOO C8 Silent wireless gaming mouse. This mouse comes only with three DPI levels (1200,1600,2400) that can be adjusted and seven integrated buttons which admittedly is not great when it comes to customization, but what it lacks in customization, it more than makes up for it with the rechargeable battery that comes with it as well as its price which is under $30, sometimes under $20 on a discount.
When it comes to the build quality of the mouse, it is admittedly not great, but it is sturdy enough, and considering the price of the mouse, it is to be expected. The design however is very simple yet extremely comfortable and fits the user’s hand very nicely. Both left-handed and right-handed users can use the mouse comfortably, although lefties might not enjoy the fact that they won’t be able to use thumb buttons due to the mouse not having any on the right side.
The VEGCOO C8 Silent Wireless mouse does feature RGB lighting and while it admittedly goes well with the overall design of the mouse, the fact that the light effects are on a random cycle and can’t be controlled by any software does somewhat take away from this feature.
Redragon M652 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- 5 Adjustable Dpi & 2 Polling Rate: DPI 800,1200,1600,2000,2400 can be easily changed by order to meet your needs. 2 level polling rate: 125Hz and 250Hz can be switched depending on your activity. USB Nano receiver can be stored in the back of the mouse, allowing ease of storage when not used. No any driver is required, just plug and play.
- Accurate & Lag-free Mouse: M652 mouse can not only provide a reliable wireless connection but also an accurate tracking. Allowing you to move your gaming mouse freely without interference within 10m. More flexible for games or work.
- Long Life Span & Power Saving: It has passed 5,000,000 times keystroke test to guarantee extra durability. This wireless mouse will be in sleep mode in 8 minutes of inactivity and waken up quickly by pressing any button. Powered by 1*AA battery (not included) and easy to be replaced.
Our final spot belongs to Redragon M652 which comes with five DPI levels that range from 800 to 2400 and can be adjusted according to the user’s preference. What makes this gaming mouse appear on our list is its ergonomic contoured shape which feels extremely comfortable in the hand. The design also features LED lighting which can be switched on and as the user wishes. It has a working range of 10 meters and weighs around 6 ounces which makes it one if not the heaviest contender on our list.
Redragon M652 uses a single AA battery and its switches will last you up to 5 million clicks. What makes the battery life of this mouse last even longer is the smart energy saving switch with three different modes, on, off, and ECO. The Redragon M652 also features a sleek ergonomic skin-friendly design which ensures a comfortable yet tight grip for the user’s hand, regardless of the size of it.
When it comes to the working distance, the Redragon M652 wireless mouse has an active range of 33ft or around 10m ensuring that your mouse will work without any issues regardless of whether you are gaming at your table or comfortably watching a movie from your bed.
All in all, you don’t have to spend a fortune on a gaming mouse to get something worth using. Although expensive gaming mice are good, you can usually find the lower range of big brands like Logitech and Razer for around $30 when they’re on sale – these kind of deals are going to be the best option for most people. They provide a good balance between value and functionality, and if you’re looking for a bargain, some of the best options are provided on this list.
Last update on 2020-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API