If you’re trying to improve your golf score, then one area where people always tend to slip up is their putting game. You can be amazing on the fairway, but it all counts for nothing if you have poor putting abilities. One way that you can resolve this is to look at getting a laser putting aid.
Of course, there are various different types of putting aid that you can use to improve your game. A laser putting aid is one that specifically uses laser to try and increase your accuracy. So first, we’ll look at one of the best laser putting aids around, and then we will see what other equipment (like rangefinders) that you can use to try and improve your putting abilities.
A good golf game is not worth anything if you can’t perfect your putting. Getting to the green in a few swings can easily be ruined with bad putting ability. So, let’s have a look at a few ways that you can potentially improve this.
Best Laser Putting Aid – Laser Focus Golf
- GOLF DIGEST named it the No.1 Putting Aid in Golf!
- Over 100 PGA Tour Pros "fine tune" their putting skills with Laser Putt!
- WINNERS of all 4 Majors and 3 FedEx Cups... are using this product in 2017!!
Laser Focus Golf have produced one of the best laser putting aids for a long while now. They’re not new to the industry, and if you’ve been playing golf for a while, then you might have already heard of them.
You simply attach the laser aid to the end of your golf club and it will give you the ability to see the alignment of your putt clearly. You can attach it to any putter, so you don’t need to worry about whether your putter in compatible. It’s lightweight too, so it won’t get in the way of your putting game.
The laser putting aid uses a green laser to track the dimensions of your swing. It does this to help ensure that you’re swinging in a straight line, which is important for putting well. Along with this, it has a red laser dot which is aimed at the ball itself to ensure you’re hitting it directly in the center. Between them both, they can help to improve your putting game.
The only issue with laser putting aids is their accuracy. Whilst theoretically they work well, in reality they actually aren’t that effective. Often, the lasers end up misinforming you and aren’t entirely accurate. So whilst the premise of a laser putting aid is great, the reality is they aren’t the best way to improve your putting abilities.
Is a Laser Putting aid the best way to improve your golf game?
Depending on who you ask, a laser golf putting aid might not actually be the best way to improve your putting game. A few years ago they were extremely popular, but this has been decreasing as we’ve seen other putting aids increase in popularity. There are other ways that you can improve your putting game with different types of equipment. We’ll look at some of the best alternative putting aids that don’t use a laser.
EyeLine Mirror Putting Aid
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 1 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 1 Inches
If you want a relatively cheap way of improve your strokes, then it’s a good choice to get yourself a putting mirror. For complete newbies, this is undoubtedly the best choice, as it’s inexpensive and it will allow you to know the dimensions of your putt.
Essentially, a mirror putting aid is an easy way to ensure that you are keeping between the lines. Often, one of the problems with putting is that you’re just not hitting the ball straight. One way to improve this is to effectively add markings to the floor so that you can ensure that you’re hitting the ball directly as you should, and not in the wrong manner. You want a good connection with the golf ball, which this can help to ensure.
Generally, these kinds of putting aids have two tees either side too. So before you putt, you can easily place this down around your ball to ensure that you’re hitting the ball directly. It’s a great choice for anyone brand new to golf that doesn’t have the cash to get a golf teacher.
Pendulum Motion Putting Aid
- TOUR APPROVED: TPM is a golf training aid used by Tour professionals on the PGA Tour, European Tour, LPGA Tour, and Web.com
- INSTANT FEEDBACK: The best instructors in the game swear by TPM because of the ease of use and teaching the proper putting stroke. This golf putting aid attaches to any putter shaft and you can use any grip style that you prefer. Please note that golf putter is NOT included in your purchase.
- GOLF CHANNEL: The TPM golf practice aid was featured on Golf Channel's School of Golf as a top putting training tool for everyone.
Another of the main problems that you’re going to encounter as someone new to golf is the ability to swing properly. Swinging from the tee is easy, but when you’re putting, there’s a certain positioning of your arms that you want to ensure you’re getting a proper putting stroke.
This putting aid enables you to get a proper stroke and swing ‘like a pendulum’. You place the aid beneath your arms, which helps you to keep the correct positioning whilst you’re putting. It comes with a host of videos which can help you to improve your putting game too.
Whilst not an essential for putting, if you’re really serious about your form, then this could be a good choice. It’s a great way to improve your game without having to take coaching lessons, as one of the main things that a coach will teach you is proper pendulum positioning anyway.
Profinity Putting Mat
- WHAT’S NEW IN 2020 - Enhanced materials bring more accurate speeds and longer durability. 12 accessories help you to build own and unique Green in INFINITY ways. New training book guide you to Pro level in the most professional and effective way
- UNIQUE FEATURES - Metal Golf Goal adds extra control tech; Slope Simulators customize slopes in 5 precise angles; 4 STIMP SPEEDS from 8-12.5; Analyze & correct your putting with Visible Ball Traces; Perfect Your Alignment with Stroke Guideline
- PROFESSIONAL TRAINING - Perfect Your Distance & Direction Control on 25 Training Bands;
Improving your putting game is much easier than perfecting your overall golf game. Why? Well, because essentially you can practice your putting game in your garden, or even inside your own house. What’s the best way to improve your putting game at home? By investing in a good putting mat.
The right putting mat with good markings can not only show you what you’re doing right when you’re putting, but it can also help you to learn what you’re doing wring. This is especially true if you combine a putting mat with another putting aid, as your flaws will become more and more apparent. And don’t worry – everyone has flaw when they first start playing golf!
Better quality mats like this one actually give you the ability to add banks and slopes, which can make things more difficult and ensure that things are realistic. Overall, this is one of the best options if you’re looking for a putting aid.
Pressure Putt Out Aid
- This training aid is designed to simulate the exact conditions of putting into a real hole on the green by it's ground-breaking parabolic curved design
- Each successful putt is returned the same distance it would have gone past the hole if it had missed - great feedback for getting the pace just right.
- Designed to return good putts and reject bad ones.
I have to be totally honest with you – putting isn’t always fun. Improving your putting ability is all about one things – consistency. To improve your game, you’ll need to spend hours and hours practicing to ensure that you can putt to exactly the right weight. This Putt Out aid is absolutely perfect for improving that.
Essentially, the aid acts as the whole. You need to hit the ball with exactly the right weight on it for the aid to work, and it will roll the ball back to you at the same pace. But if you hit it incorrectly, then the ball will go awry. This one is all about repetition and maintaining the right weight, which any professional will tell you is a major part of the game.
It’s also relatively cheap and you can use it indoors. So if you’re looking at getting a putting aid to use at home, this one might be a good choice.
The Navigator Putting Aid
- Attaches to any putter
- Works for both left/right handed players
- Adjustable arm accommodates all lie angles / eye positions
Finally, another choice for a decent putting aid is this one from the navigator. It’s similar to the mirror in that it helps you to align your putt accurately, which is important. You’ll get instant feedback when you use it too, so you’ll know right away if you’re making a mistake. If you struggle with your putting stroke itself, then this might make a good choice. But in my opinion, there are better putting aids currently on the market.
Overall, improving your putting game is relatively easy if you get the right aid to do so. Putting is all about repetition – no one becomes an expert overnight, so you need to keep practising to ensure that you’re getting better every time. Fortunately unlike other sports, putting is something that you can practice easily whilst you’re at home.
Whilst laser putting aids have been really popular in the past, nowadays they aren’t as popular as they use to be. This is likely because of the abundance of other aids that have come out that make it even easier to improve your game, which leaves laser putter aids less effective than they once were.
Last update on 2020-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API