If you’re looking to get a new charging cable for your phone, then it might be worth looking at a magnetic phone charger. The obvious advantage of a magnetic cable is that it connects to your phone much easier than with a regular charging cable, and in some circumstances, this can be ideal. You can easily snap the cable into place and start charging your phone.
But is there a difference between the most popular chargers available? Or are they relatively similar to one another? Well, although they are very similar, some are better deals than other. So, let’s take a quick look at some of the options that are currently available.
Best Magnetic Phone Charge
Smart & Cool Nylon Charger
- Fast Charging: Gen-X magnetic 3 in 1 charging & data sync cable has been improved stability and charging current, max charging current is 3A.
- Universal Compatibility: Compatible with phones & tablets with i-Product or Micro-USB interface, and phones with USB-C interface.
- More Functional & Convenient than Regular Cable: Specially designed for DRIVERS, HANDICAPPED PERSON, CHILDREN AND SENIORS. Easy snap-on with single hand and no eye-sight assistant necessary when charging and/or data sync is a Must. The cable can protect devices sockets from WEAR AND TEAR. Ideal to Replace your existing charging cable especially in non-easy access situation, for example when you are driving.
If you’re looking for a multi pack of USB chargers for your phone, then it’s worth considering this set of magnetic ones. It can be really handy to have more than one charger at home, so you might want to get a bundle of them at the same time – it usually works out cheaper to do it this way! This set provide good value for money, as they’re undoubtedly going to last you a long while.
These chargers are 5 foot and braided, which means that whilst they’re not particularly long, they are durable. They’re compatible with a variety of different phones too, which will be important for a lot of people. Another thing to consider with this USB charger is that it’s capable of supporting data sync as well as charging, so you can connect it to your laptop if you need too. A lot of USB’s may only support battery charging, so make sure that you check this beforehand.
All in all, this is a good choice if you’re looking for a multipack of cables, which can make sure that you’re never caught short again.
Aralana 6 foot Phone Charger
- 【360° ROTATION】 The 6.6ft charging line is straight, which is more convenient for on-board charging. The 6.6ft charging line is in the shape of "L", which is more suitable for playing mobile games.But their adapter can be shared
- 【LED LIGHT DESIGN】Strong magnetic, even in the darkness ,easy to connect with one hand while driving or doing other things. It best choice for drivers, vision impaired, elders and handicapped persons.
- 【COMPATIBLE WITH】Crozziz cable Compatibility with iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, SE, 6, 6 Plus,6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus,8, 8Plus,X,iPad, iPad mini, iPad pro, iPod LG G5/G6, Nexus 5X/6P, Samsung Galaxy S8, Pixel 4/3 and More Type C Devices , kindle.
Now for certain situations, you might need something a little bit longer than your regular phone charger. If a 3 foot charger isn’t long enough, then you might want to look at this 6 foot charger made by Aralana.
I like this one specifically because instead of having a straight end for the cable, it’s finished with a L bend design instead. This means that if you want to use your phone in landscape whilst it’s charging, this is much easier as you don’t have to avoid the cable sticking directly out of the bottom. Plus, I’ve always found this style much less likely to break when I’m using it, as the cable is less likely to get damaged at the root.
Another good thing about this model is that it uses a small LED light around the head of the cable to let you know that it’s charging. This way, if you’re ever having problems with your phone charging, you can be sure where the problem lies – your phone or the cable itself. Plus, it will allow you to see if your phone is charging in the dark too.
Overall, this charger is a good option if you’re looking for a long cabled magnetic charger that you can use whilst your phone is charging.
- NetDot upgraded magnetic micro usb cable, the best magnetic charger in the market, super strong magnetic, usb2.0 fast charging & sync for android Phone. Both sides support charging, only one side for sync, led light will turn on when power on.
- It is a simple yet perfect solution to prevent frayed charging cables, tripping over cable resulting in smashed phones, pointless fiddling to plug in cable in the dark, and more.
- It solves cellphone's problem of dust adhesion at the charging port accumulated over a long period so as to prolong the life of cellphones.
If you’re looking for the best value for money, then it’s worth opting for a set of NetDot chargers. They usually come in multipacks, which makes them a good choice if you need more than one charger.
Why do I think that this is the best set of magnetic USB cables? Well, they have pretty much everything that any good magnetic charger would have. They have LED lights to indicate when your phone is charged, and you can easily use them with Android or Mac. The magnet is strong enough that you won’t need to worry about it not working properly, which is a common problem with cheap cables.
This set are another option of cheap charging cables that provide the cheapest alternative to those already mentioned.
Why Get a Magnetic Phone Charger?
Magnetic phone chargers work by.. yep, you guessed it – using a magnet to connect your phone to a charging cable. Instead of inserting the end of your USB cable into your phone, which makes it extremely prone to breaking, you permanently insert a magnetic piece into your USB port. This allows you to easily attach the end of your cable to your phone, without worrying about it breaking.
- A better quality cable – If you purchase cheap cables, then they’re going to be more prone to fraying and not working. This is part and parcel of buying cheap charging cables, so sometimes it can be worth spending a little extra and getting something of a higher quality. A magnetic charging cable is a good way to ensure that it’s not going to break anytime soon.
- Stop dust from collection in the charging port – Another reason why magnetic phone chargers have become so popular is that they don’t allow dust accumulation in the charging port. This can make it a lot easier to charge your phone without issues, and make it easier to clean your iPhone.
- They’re extremely convenient – The main reason that I think a magnetic charger is a good idea is if you’re going to be using it in certain situations. For example, they can be a great choice to use in your car, as you can connect the cable to the phone with one hand without having to take your hand off the wheel.
What to Consider Before Buying
Before you go ahead and pick up a magnetic phone charger, there are some things that you’ll want to think about beforehand to ensure that you’re getting the best phone charger available.
- The cord – When you’re buying any sort of cable, you really want to consider the strength of the cord itself. The whole point in picking a magnetic phone charger over your standard one is that it’s going to be easier to use, so you definitely need to consider its strength. Another thing to think about is how long you need your cord to be – are you going to only need a meter cord, or do you need something longer?
- Led lighting – Another thing that you can look for when purchasing a cable is that it has a LED light to indicate when your phone is charging. This is handy to have if you’re going to be using it in places where you don’t know whether the source is going to work, so you need to know whether there’s an issue with the cable or with your electricity.
- Type of Connector – Of course, you’re going to want to ensure that you’re getting the right kind of connector for your needs. Make sure you do this before you buy, otherwise you’re wasting your time!
A good magnetic phone charger can be a great choice if you’re looking for something of a decent quality. They’re generally less likely to break than cheap phone cables, so it’s worth looking at investing in one, as they’re relatively cheap too. Here are just a few of the best options that I’ve been able to find online that are worth considering if you want to get your hands on one. They’re generally pretty cheap, so you don’t need to invest a lot of money to get a good one.
Last update on 2020-04-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API