I don’t think that anyone is going to argue with you that Thrustmaster make some of the best racing steering wheels for any game console. Period. Two of their main models are the T150 and the T300, which are both extremely popular. Of course, the T300 is significantly more expensive than the T150, which begs the question; is the additional price worth it?
The answer is that the T300 is significantly better than the T150, which is why it has a far heftier price tag. Whilst not for the casual gamer, the T300 is one of the top steering wheels on the market and if you have the cash, you’re not going to regret your purchase.
Thrustmaster T150 vs T300
So, we’ll have a look at the two models to try and find out just why the T300 is so much more expensive than it’s little brother. This way, you can decide what the better option would be for you, because not everyone needs a super expensive steering wheel.
- Official Licensed PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 3 High-End Racing Simulator; 1080 degree Force Feedback base featuring an industrial-class brushless motor; Detachable Racing GT Style Wheel
- Official licensed PS4 / PS3 with automatic recognition by the PS4 system; Official PlayStation 4 buttons included (PS, SHARE, OPTIONS); Internal memory and upgradeable firmware
- Robust and versatile attachment system; Compatible with all mounts (desks/tables/cockpits/etc.); Realistic: 11" diameter racing wheel featuring a brushed metal central spokes
It has to be said that the T300 is the one to beat at the moment if you’re looking for a PS4 steering wheel. There aren’t many other options that can compete with it, but we’ll run through just why the T300 is a solid option.
Firstly, like I said it’s ideal for using with the PS4 but you can use it for the PC too. It’s set up to work best with the PS4 however, mainly because of the buttons featured. As well as the standard PS4 D-Pad, it has 13 actions buttons that work with the PS4 to give you those awesome controls.
Secondly, another of the main differences for me between the T300 model and the T150 is that you’re going to get a far more realistic experience. The metal pedals give your a more realistic experience that if you were to use the plastic pedals that come with the T150, but not only this. The technology used inn the T300 is undoubtedly greater, and you’re going to get a lot better Force Response from their 1080 dual belt system which helps t provide a more interactive experience.
You get the option with the T300 to opt for a variety of different types of wheel – if you’re willing to pay a little extra, you can find the Gran Turismo version. And if you want to pay a little more than that, then you’re going to get a Ferrari version which makes an excellent Christmas present for any Ferrari enthusiast.
Overall, the added features of the T300 make it an awesome option if you’re after an awesome PS4 steering wheel.
- Official Racing Simulator for PS4 and PS3 (also compatible with PC); 1080 degree force feedback racing wheel; Built-in PS4/PS3 sliding switch; Realistic 11"/28 cm wheel; Large pedal set included
- PlayStation4-certified embedded software and PS4/PS3 sliding switch; Official embedded software: the racing wheel is automatically recognized by the PS4 console; PS4/PS3 sliding switch for optimal compatibility on both systems
- 1080 degree force feedback base featuring Immersion Touch Sense technology; Drive system with adjustable force feedback lets you feel every detail while you're racing (the road or track's relief, loss of tire grip, braking, bumps and impacts, etc.)
If you want a more budget friendly steering wheel than the T300, then you can look at the older version – the T150 – as an alternative. For the most part, it’s at least one or two hundred dollars cheaper than it’s older brother, which is attractive for those of us looking for a bargain.
Although the T300 is better, that doesn’t mean you should disregard the T150 entirely. For the casual gamer, it might well prove to be a better purchase. It still has the same Force Feedback system that you get with the T300 and it’s still extremely impressive.
As I said earlier, in terms of functionality the pedals work pretty much the same with both models. The T150 just lacks the pristine finish of the T300, but they still function and work the same. It also has the same paddle shifters, so there really isn’t a dramatic difference between the two models.
Overall, I’d still advise anyone looking for their first steering wheel to consider the T150. It’s a great steering wheel and it would make an awesome gift. Although it’s not quite as awesome as it’s older brother, this doesn’t mean that it’s not still one of the top steering wheels on the market.
Main Differences – T150 vs T300
Although they are similar, there are some key differences to note between the two models.
- The T300 is higher quality – The pedals are made from metal, which gives you a more refined experience.
- The T300 is a better experience – It’s easy to see the difference between the two products if you were to test them. The T300 uses better technology and will give you a more realistic drive.
- The T150 is usually a few hundred bucks cheaper – Though the price of both models changes quite a lot, the T150 is usually available at a few hundred bucks less than the T300. This makes it a better option for the budget consumer.
Overall, there’s definitely nothing wrong with the T150 and it’s an awesome steering wheel – it would make a great gift, especially for younger children who might not appreciate the T300 at it’s full ability.
Though if you want the premium driving experience from your own home, then you’re going to want to opt for the T300. It provides a more interactive experience, and the quiet but noticeable Force feedback is particularly impressive to those who want to feel like they’re really driving. If you want the best of the best, then the T300 would be a better option for you.
All in all, these are both two of the best steering wheels available on the current market along with the G29, and you shouldn’t dismiss either of them too easily. They both work well; but if you want the creme de la creme, opt for the T300.
Last update on 2020-06-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API